k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
Hello all. I am a long time triumph 210 owner and will be retiring in a little over a year. I just wanted to put out a chance to assist in a worth while fund raiser.
My partner and I were selected to appear in a national fund raising calendar for Vested Interest in K9's It is a not for profit organization that buys and donates ballistic and stab resistant vests for police K9's. 100% of all money raised goes to buying vests for the K9's. All work by and for this org. is donated.
calendar pic.jpgcalendar pic2.jpg

Great photo Dick. Thanks for sharing this worthwhile cause and thanks for your service! :cool:

What happens to Ado when you retire Dick? You going to keep him for family protection. Or is he still in his prime for that kind of work and will get a new partner?

Give him a pat on the head from all of us, and thanks for watching over your community... God knows at times, it appears this World has gone completely mad :(

Ado will be about nine years old at that time. He is planning on retiring with me and moving to Punta Gorda. If I didn't bring him with us my wife would kill me. Besides I don't think I could leave him. It was hard enough when my first two partners passed, and I still have them on my mantel.

I'm sure Ado is a cherished part of the family, and glad to see him staying with you :)

Would love to meet all of you and him, when y'all move into the Hood since you will be so close :cool: Stay in touch and send me a PM with the address and contact information when you get a second ;)

Best,
Dave

Mr. Jennings,
At what age and stage of training do you actually receive your partners?

This or do you get them when they are like 8 week puppies, and start working with them from that point forward?

Thanks!
Dave

We tend to get the K9s we train when they are 2 to 3yrs old. Although lately they have been substantially younger even though we were told other wise. Mostly they come untrained or with just some basic obedience. We train both the handlers and dog together from the start. The handlers learn more that way and they develop a relationship quickly. The handlers always take longer to train. Overseas like in the Netherlands I understand there are kennel clubs that raise them from pups training and testing as they go. Dogs that don't make the testing are removed from the program. Others that make it up some levels are sold to export. The best of the groups stay in country or are sold in Europe.

Back