Furuno FCV-582L LCD Dual Frequency Color Fishfinder

McSpadden

Participating Member
City
Panama City
Okay Guys,
I am probably dreaming here but after trying to find structure with a Humminbird Matrix 15 connected to a handheld Garmen Legend I would really like a good, GREAT, sonar, GPS combo. Anyone know anything about these or something along the same lines?

randy has a furuno color unit for sale

Thanks Robert,

Randy, what ya got? Look in the classifieds and did not see it. Did you upgrade to another Furuno?

it is a fcv600l

Hi guys. Last May when I finally picked up the 2006 215 Chaos after back surgery, I decided to buy a Furuno FCV-620 to go with the new Radar/GPS, auto pilot, VHF, etc. I had just purchased a Furuno FCV-600L a few months before and had mounted it on my 2003 210 but only had it on the water about 7-8 times. The FCV-600L was larger than I was going to have space for with the new setup. It has been sitting here in my office since then and is in the original box. I paid about $800 for it and was hoping to get $500 since it has been used so little, but would entertain a reasonable offer. Whomever purchases it will need to buy a transducer for it as I kept the one I had to use with the FCV-620. I purchased the 525ST-PWD which lists for $110 (Furuno transducers)

I've attached a picture of the unit I'm selling below. The transducer is shown with it but is not included as I mentioned. Let me know if you're interested. I've got it sitting here with a number of other things I need to put on eBay and in classifieds but just haven't had time. :)

Attachments

• 1furuno.jpg
    1furuno.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 21
Dave,
I have the garmin 178C combo on my 170CC. It's small and fits on my console. It's a great unit,user friendly and readable in direct sunlight. It has the internal antenna. Garmin just came out with some awsome new products with their new G2 technology. Good luck.
John D.

Yeh, after looking further into Randy's unit I realize the Furuno's I was looking at are not combo units. One of the online stores listed them under the combo heading and I did not research into it enough. You guys with the Garmin's, I know they are great for GPS, how is the sonar?

Dave,
The sonar is good on the Garmin 178C. I have been very happy with the unit.. Sonar works at WOT without any distortions. The GPS with WAAS operating usually shows an accuracy within 7 feet.
John D.

Lowrance

Personally - I am privey to Lowrance units. I am currently runnning a Lowrance global map 1600 (single plotter) with differential beacon receiver as add on. I bought unit new years ago - no problems ever with it. Except electrical connections as with all electronics. Rubber dries out. Shows 3 ft accuracy - not sure exactly how close it really is but I do know I can find a needle in a haystack with it. I also run a Garmin unit for sonar I think its the 240 blue. Not pleased with it - been back for repairs (although repair service through garming is excellent and fairly reasonable) unit did not seal - and again the connector in the back of the unit went bad so had to replace that due to unit turning off. It is now happening again. Not real pleased with Garmins sonar units. Going back to Lowarance.
Something to think about though when considering dual display units.
1) If sonar or GPS goes bad - you are down 2 systems!
2) Ease of use and display while boating - if you are actively driving switching between screens and displays could be difficult - not to mention when you split screens - your whole display is cut in half. If you are fishing from the back of the boat and need to monitor both gps and sonar will you be able to actually see the display from there.
3) Most people prefer - sonar from one company and GPS from another as I - so just because you get a stand alone unit - you might like the gps and hate the sonar or visa versa - but you are stuck with both.

My father in-law has the lowrance 480 - nice unit but - my global map 1600 with DGPS is more accurate - and you don't need binoculars from the back of the boat to monitor - both gps and sonar.

My choice stick with 2 units.........[/FONT][/FONT]

Just want to thank everybody for the information. I am as yet undecided, am going to have to measure as I think I would prefer seperate units, just not sure if I will have the room for them. I may have to go with a combo and if so sounds like there are some good ones out there.

Back