Hello all!

rff0406

Registered Member
State
AZ
Just bought an '08 215cc and will bring her home tomorrow for thorough going through to see what's what. She looks to be in great shape and test rode beautifully. I have heard that before putting any decals on the hull (e.g. reg or a name) that some kind of primer must be applied? Any info about removing old lettering and applying new would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks.

You can remove the old decals somewhat easier by heating them with a hair dryer or heat gun. When installing new decals I clean the area with Acetone and then apply 3M primer. Then I spray the area and the sticky side of the decals with a solution of water and dish soap and then apply and position the decals. Then use a plastic or rubber squeegee to smooth out and eliminate bubbles.
Some may even use a torch to lightly heat the Roplene surface prior to placing the decals. (I don't and mine have never come off)

Congratulations on the '08 215! That is a great boat! Capt. Bill is correct on the use of 3M Primer. I recently uploaded some videos from 2007 that Triumph Boats provided us and one of them shows the process of applying stickers to the hull:

http://www.performanceoutdoors.net/media/categories/triumph-boats-videos.7/

These videos are accessible to Premium Member Members and are numbered 1-19. You may want to start with the introduction on #1 and work your way through them, but the one you want on "Graphics" is number 6. Hope this helps!

Blessings,
Randy
Administrator
http://www.performanceoutdoors.net

Congratulations on the '08 215! That is a great boat! Capt. Bill is correct on the use of 3M Primer. I recently uploaded some videos from 2007 that Triumph Boats provided us and one of them shows the process of applying stickers to the hull:

http://www.performanceoutdoors.net/media/categories/triumph-boats-videos.7/

These videos are accessible to Premium Member Members and are numbered 1-19. You may want to start with the introduction on #1 and work your way through them, but the one you want on "Graphics" is number 6. Hope this helps!

Blessings,
Randy
Administrator
http://www.performanceoutdoors.net

Many thanks for the quick replies! Very helpful. Any tips on removing dark marks (rope scuffs, shoe marks, etc.) from the hull? Have tried a few cleaners (soft scrub, Simple Green, and even polishing compound on a very small test area). They all seem to work about the same but none really brought back a white finish. I will spend the weekend detailing her in prep for our maiden voyage next weekend.

Thanks again!

RF

Many thanks for the quick replies! Very helpful. Any tips on removing dark marks (rope scuffs, shoe marks, etc.) from the hull? Have tried a few cleaners (soft scrub, Simple Green, and even polishing compound on a very small test area). They all seem to work about the same but none really brought back a white finish. I will spend the weekend detailing her in prep for our maiden voyage next weekend.

Thanks again!

RF
Congratulations on your smart purchase! We bought a 2008 215CC in February and love it. If you search the site, you will find lots of great suggestions. I found that Mr Clean Bathroom Magic Eraser works best for the black streaks, and it was a recommendation from this site. Have fun with your new toy, and I hope to see lots of pictures!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I just bought a 2003 190 bay center cockpit, I love. It is set up for tournement (sp). Have 24 volt trolling mar, stereo system marine vhf radio with distress button, and low range 334c/igps fishfinder at the helm and Garmin
Striker 4 at bow with fighting chair,. Only thing left is to add one more battery for house . I will try to remove decals with blow dryer as they are faded and torn are the factory decals for my boat still available? Thanks for any info you can provide. Also have mercury 10 horse power kicker attach to a remote trolling plate. That can be controlled from the helm.

Merritt Marine may have some knowledge of OEM decals.

Check the following site for some decals. I didn't search through all of them, but I know they have some.

OEM Triumph Parts

Remember, use 3M-94 primer exactly as the label directs, and your decals will apply well.

eBay also:

eBay

You can always have a local sign / graphics business make and print out them, this or have them made in the font of your desire. None of them will stick or stay looking nice for a very long period of time though. As such, you might want to also consider having metal ones made and screwed onto the sides of the hull.

See this posting for that idea with pictures on the 1st posting:

Hope this helps?
Dave

You can always have a local sign / graphics business make and print out them, this or have them made in the font of your desire. None of them will stick or stay looking nice for a very long period of time though. As such, you might want to also consider having metal ones made and screwed onto the sides of the hull.

See this posting for that idea with pictures on the 1st posting:

Hope this helps?
Dave

Had this vinyl graphic made (actually two graphics, the rose and the lettering) and I applied it 10 years ago. Hasn't faded, weathered or come loose. Same with the registration numbers on the front. (Sorry about the shadow)

001.JPG

Last edited:
Back