Hydrofoil Questions

191lover

I've heard that adding a hydrofoil to your cavitation plate can provide enhanced turning, "hole shot" and lower speed planing performance. I'd love to hear opinions on this and personal experiences - the good, the bad & the ugly. Which one works best? Does the addition void the warranty on either the hull or a Yamaha 115 4 stroke? Thanx for the help

I would pull a site search on those 2 words as well as the word "Doel Fin" and read all the past comments on such first :D

Welcome Aboard!
Dave

I put one on my 115 merc, I have a 210 . hole shot is better by a few seconds, as for turning never paid attention.

I am a fan of the Smart Tabs. Started using them on my Zodiac and they greatly improved performance and planing. The other nice benefit over the fin attached to the motor is they can compensate for an uneven load.

I put one on my 186 Logic - 115 Yamy - it sure improved hole shots, low speed trolling, etc. One added benefit - my side scuppers (which everyone knows likes to let water in on especially on take off) let wery little or no water in now.

Bob's machine is where I got mine, based on a post on this web site.

unk

Here's what I used

I put one of these (The 300) on my 150CC with a 40 hp, it sure made a big difference with the low speed planing preformance, it also will get out of the hole quicker with less throttle effort.

I can run on calm water at 15-18 kts at a plane and it's best at 18-20 @ about 35-3600 rpm if memory serves.

I don't know if it knocks much off the top end preformance but with fuel here at three $$$ plus per gallon I'm rarely running at the top end anyway.

I highly recomend one.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/cata...arClassCode=2&hvarSubCode=7&hvarTarget=browse

Back