Merc 125 ELPTO

F

Fischer53

Having a conversation wtih a dealer about a 2005 190. Has a Merc 125 ELPTO 4S. That motor is not listed on the Merc site. What year did they stop producing it? I did some searching on the web but all I found was an undated stat sheet. My initial search was to find out the weight (scuppers and all), but now I'm more curious as to a potential mismatch. This could have gone to the motor forum, but figured more eyes would spot it here.

No need to worry about which forum you post in since (just pick the closest one) since they are get equal billing on the home page. I moved it to the engine section since that is the nature of the question in the mean time though,

I would just punch the title of the your post (or better yet) Mercury 125 ELPTO into the Google tool bar in "brackets" OR on the Google home page and see what all you can find.... IF that does not work very well, then remove the "brackets" from your search and you will get more hits, just more varied (open) in the responses :)

Fischer53 said:
Having a conversation wtih a dealer about a 2005 190. Has a Merc 125 ELPTO 4S.

I thought the 125 ELPTO was an four cylinder, oil injected two stroke. :confused: Hmmmm...warning buzzers going off. I'm really curious as to what you found out.

I have a 115 elpto . It is a 4 cylinder 2stroke and it has been a great engine
The only difference between the 125 and 115 is supposed to be the carburation.
Wellcraft Dave ran a 125 on his 210 and loved it. Double check with the dealer
because I also do not believe that 125 is a four stroke. I could be wrong, it certainly would not be the first time. Best of luck....Steve

Its listed as a 4S, but its not the first time that I have experienced a sales guy that was not completely screwed in. Will continue th search for answers.

Back