MP3 Player Hook-up

NJWardy

Participating Member
City
Audubon
I decided to go with an MP3 Player hook-up rather than a conventional am/fm radio. I prefer my music to static filled DJs playing all kinds of garbage.

I bought a kit that included 2 speakers, amplifier, volume control knob, and 1.5mm jack plug for about $120.00. It took about 1 hour to install.
http://www.rocktheboataudio.com/html/35953.html

Here is the pic:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds Great! It's digital sound and the amp provides just enough "push" so I can keep the music low while fishing and still hear it. I am using my wife's (pink) iPod Shuffle:rolleyes:. I plan to get my own player soon. I saw one that plays all versions of digital music and has fm radio built-in just in case I want to tune in to a football game.

http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/ultra/clix/clix_2gb.aspx

Very nice! I'd like to add an iPod port on my console to feed my existing stereo system. You got me thinking! :D

I was wondering how the unit is turned on and off. Did you have to install a switch or do you have it hooked up to turn on with the key and to run constantly . Great idea by the way , simple and effective

I love it, what a great Idea,

NJWardy,
I've used the same system for a full season and like you I love it. It is simple and adequate. You never have to listen to music that you do not care for. I just wish I had one of those "pink" ipods!!!! It gives that white Triumph a little splash of color. I like the way you mounted your controls.
John D.

Hey fridays off & NJ

How do you guys control the on off function of the amp ?

Did you run an additional toggle switch or what ?

Thanks for the great idea

Jaime

Jaime,
I did not want my amp drawing power unless I'm using it. I have my controls for the MP3 player in a box like holder in the locking compartment above the guages. I have an ordinary push/pull switch for power mounted by the volume control and the plug in. My system is the same that NJ wardy has except I used box style waterproof speakers mounted up in my T-top facing down. I've had stereo's mounted on boats before and the CD never worked properly and I found myself listening to music that I did not want to hear. Now I've got over 500 songs that play non stop and I like all of them. The sweetest,easiest set up I've used on a boat.Good luck.
John D.

Hey John ,

Thanks for the reply . I,m installing it today, same as you running some box speakers in the t-top also.

Hope to be on the water hooping for bugs this eve with my favorite tunes .

Thanks all for the idea and info

Jaime

Can you post a picture of your speakers mounted??

NJWardy,
This looks like something I might put on my 170CC, thanks for the idea and websites.

Back