Need cross members for my Triumph 210 Boat trailer

mr300s

Contributing Member
City
Punta Gorda
I keep my boat in the water however have my trailer that I pull my boat out when I have to work on it or to clean up the bottom paint on it.

The previous owner never really took care of much on the boat and the trailer was the same. After several years the two galvanized cross members have completely rusted through. The rest of the trailer isn't too bad.

I understand at least around me I cant find anyone to weld galvanized. Does anyone have any ideas? Merritt Marine if you see this is that something that you would have in stock (cross members) I need the front one and back one. The trailer is for the 210 and the year is 2007.

I also think it easier to just buy another used trailer and junk this one ...

Thanks in advance everyone

I'll forward your question to Chad about the cross members. :)

When it comes to galvanized vs aluminum......your answer above about junking it and buying another is probably the best solution. Galvanized trailers are welded together first and then galvanized. Welding in cross members would kinda defeat the idea. Besides if the cross members are that far gone.....the rest of the trailer is probably not far behind. Upgrade to aluminum. Will last longer and is easier to maintain and repair.

Thanks actually the rest of the trailer seems to be aluminum and only the cross members are galvanized

Did you replace them with aluminum? I am close to needing to replace mine now

Post up some pictures of what you now have, and I am sure the staff here will be happy to provide some guidance on the most cost effective route to take ;)

Now dropping the picture into the thread is a simple process of clicking on the little picture icon above on each thread reply. Then simply drag and drop the picture or pictures (10 is the limit) into here from another folder on your PC

Hope this helps?
Dave

I realize this thread that was started by Mr300s is over 2 years old and he has probably long since fixed his trailer, but there are some details that need to be pointed out in his posts that might help some others dealing with trailer issues.

First, he mentioned trying to find someone to weld new cross members on his trailer. I did respond to his post stating it is probably not advisable to try to weld in new galvanized cross members due to the remaining trailer being rusted as well. He replied stating he thought the rest of the trailer was aluminum. So......a couple of added points here I didn't mention above.

1. If the rest of the trailer is aluminum then replacing with aluminum cross members is the best course of action. Galvanize steel and aluminum do not go well together. (galvanic corrosion, dissimilar metals)
2. If the rest of the trailer is galvanized steel, he could not have welded aluminum cross members to the steel frame as he stated he wanted to do. (can't weld aluminum to steel) So that wouldn't have worked. So if the old crossmembers were in fact welded, then they were also steel and after rusting out, I would simply junk the remaining trailer and replace it.

So, did I confuse everybody. Simply stated: Can't weld aluminum to steel and all aluminum trailers are better than mixing steel and aluminum. And once a steel galvanized trailer rusts out......junk it. :cool:

Last edited:
I emailed EZloader and have a diagram of my trailer for a 204 210cc Chaos. I am in need of the three cross members which are no longer in production. The part numbers are
250-028629
250-028628
250-029129

My friend is using my boat this week, so I can't take it into the trailer shop to se what they can do...But I I thought maybe someone here would know where to get them.

Attachments

• TALLB_22_4000_13TW_H1X.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Direct EZ Loader replacement parts? Only they would carry such... And as Brother Bill says and I agree 100%, if the rest of the trailer is aluminum then you can swap them from other vendors. Would just need to find one that fits and I suspect that Magic Tilt would have something close.

Now IF it is a steel trailer (which I suspect it since aluminum does not rust) I would not bother with it. You got 14 years out of a steel trailer that should not have lasted past 10 (or less) with saltwater use. Time to upgrade her to a full aluminum unit and not worry about it until you need to replace a axle / axles.

Speaking of such, I think you would find this company would make you one that would fit her perfect (like they have for others here) and with their axles design, last a long time and ride well:

http://www.rollsaxle.com/

4361-191357823f81179b2d5abd98df50e74a.jpg

3967-92407e1c66d1b7561c863a005fc99122.jpg

full

Hope this helps?
Dave

The triumph trailer has aluminum outer rails and the interior beams are bolted in galvanized. If I could get beams that are discontinued that would be a way better investment for a 20k dollar boat than a new trailer. I priced one out at $5200 for a basic tandem axle from Amera trail and I called Rols and emailed them and haven't heard anything back.

What did you pay for your trailer if you don't mind answering?

Wow... no wonder why it rusted and surprised it lasted this long. So you have a great base to work with, and I would recommend doing what I did when my axle failed on old Magic Tilt aluminum trailer. I had some work down on the boat and they put it on a stock trailer long enough for me to drag it over to Rolls Axle and have a one of theirs put under it.

Before:
full

After:
full

So I say call them direct and see how they can rework yours ;)

Those trailer pictures before, were Osprey Vic's original trailer that he had Rolls Axle make when he bought his 210 many years ago. I would hang onto them so you can give them a reminder on how they built his from the ground up. I have no idea how much he paid for it which with today's metal costs is a mute point I am quite sure...

I am sure there are other examples on the Site of Triumph Trailers, you just need to upgrade your member status to access them :D You can do that on this link below so you are not missing out on a lot of other great ideas that have been posted over the years...

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/pages/subscribe/

Best,
Dave

Unfortunately, kingzing, I couldn't find any source for your crossmembers, either. It looks like you're going to have to find someone who can fabricate some for you, using your present ones as a pattern. Or go after that new trailer.

Back