New 2007 215 tournament edition owner ( kind off ) Total weight?

Eseteban

Registered Member
State
Florida
Hi My name is Esteban I'm 95% in to buying a 2007 215 tournament edition with a 150 yamaha 4 strokes

There are 2 main concerns.

1/ weight, I will like to know the total weight of the package ( including trailer ) I own a nissan pathfinder with 6k towing capacity.
2 / the trailer, the owner upgraded the trailer to a 2017 continental aluminum trailer.
I read that these boats need some trailer modifications but I'm totally clueless

Any help will be much appreciated

And I'm located in fort lauderdale, If any of you its local let go fishing !
Thanks

Welcome aboard Esteban. I'll let someone else address the weight issue, of course it depends on what is on the boat. But regarding item number 2...yes there is a specific trailer bunk layout that needs to be adhered to in order to support the Roplene hull on the trailer and not cause "deflections" in the hull. If you decide to purchase it I recommend spending another $12 annually or $100 Lifetime Premium Member subscription with us. You'll find over 17 years of information on these boats from owners, former dealers and even former Triumph factory folk. You'll also be able to download the online resources we've collected over the years including schematics from Triumph on the bunk support layout.

Hope this helps.
Randy
Administrator

I checked with a former Triumph Boats engineer and he said regarding the weight:
I show the dry weight at 2,300. Add 75 for the T-Top and of course fuel, water, batteries, etc. Add another 500 lbs for the Yamaha 4 stroke.

I checked with a former Triumph Boats engineer and he said regarding the weight:
Thank you, I came up with this number
2300 hull
500 engine
800 trailer ( 789 to be exact )
300 t top, anchors, batteries, extra crap
200 - 300 fuel
I'm between 4100 - 4300
My car pulls 6000 so I'm right under 75% capacity, I think it the sweet spot.

I saw the boat today on land, we are testing the boat tomorrow and if everything works as expected we will keep it.
I'm sure I will have more questions

Thanks

I have weighed my 2002 210 cc, which should be within 50 pounds dry weight of your Chaos. With a full load of fuel, 72 gallons I believe, and the usual other have to haves for safe boating, sitting on my factory delivered tandem axle trailer and a 2002 Suzuki 140. The entire package weighs 4,450 on the axles. There is an additional 250-300 pounds weight on the tow hitch for a total weight of around 4,700 lbs.

Hope that helps. Still within your vehicles tow rating.

Codfish

I have weighed my 2002 210 cc, which should be within 50 pounds dry weight of your Chaos. With a full load of fuel, 72 gallons I believe, and the usual other have to haves for safe boating, sitting on my factory delivered tandem axle trailer and a 2002 Suzuki 140. The entire package weighs 4,450 on the axles. There is an additional 250-300 pounds weight on the tow hitch for a total weight of around 4,700 lbs.

Hope that helps. Still within your vehicles tow rating.

Codfish
Thank you so much, I will try to put mine on a scale just to see. thanks

I have a 2006 with the same specs as your inquiring about. I pulled it with My Nissan frontier (same engine I think as your pathfinder) no issues towing at all 4.0 litter : now i have a 2016 jeep grand Cherokee 3.7 liter also no issues

Last edited:
Other than the aerodynamic drag, have the same engine in my Xterra (which is a Horse of an Engine) and does not know it is back there ;)

Back