New season lets get wet!!!

ReelDive

Participating Member
City
Chipley
Dove two inshore wreck this month, the "Chicksaw" and the "Spanish Shanty". Viz on the botom was < 10' on both sites. wen't to some of the Panama City Bridge spans, on Wed. viz on the surface was 40' + but hit the thermellcline at 50' and the viz droped to 0" found the botom when we hit it!! Can't spear fish if you can't see the end of your gun!!
Talked to another diver who did an off-shore span and he said that the viz on the bottom improved to 25' +. If we don'nt get to many storms maybe things are improveing.

Wow! I'm sure I would be "creeped out" down that deep and no visibility. I'm happy you enjoy it, though. Sounds like a lot of fun. :D

ReelDive, you didn't say what the water temps were?
My dive buddy and I did a dive Easter weekend in the resurgance of Ellison's cave in N GA. The water was 56*F. It hurt my bare head it was so cold.
I got to try out my new Akona 6mm wetsuit which was great. I forgot my hood so I borrowed my dive buddy's.

We will be diving at the MackFest event cause we don't fish. We swim with the fish, photograph & video the fish and just look at the fish.

I'm thinking of a trip ti PC sometime this year for some diving. Found a place to stay that will let me bring my little buddy, Fred my ferret.

LOL, there is a season??? We dive most every weekend and at depth, the temperature is always around 52-56. Which is why I dive dry!!!!!

Hey Reeldive, what gun are you using?? We are Rhino boys here. Great guns and hold up when hunting in the rocks quite well. And the speedy reload is what really sold me.

http://www.slinginsteel.com/

I mostly photo but take a sheephead or a snapper every now and the for the table. Use a pokepole and a paralizer tip( three prong ). Temp is 74 surface, 71 at the bottom right now. Wind this weekend was SE 15-20 and seas 5"-8 " so pulled the plug as it ain't no fun grabbing onto a swim lader on the back of a 190 bay in that kind of weather, let alone the wet ride! Dive a two piece 3mm Hederson + hood, and sherwood every thing else. Do the cold water thing in the winter and in the local springs, down to low 50's The seas will keep me in the bay or I'll stay home though. It's 100mi round trip to the launch ramp and @ $3.00/ gal I try to have a reasonable chance of a dive befor headding out. the gear is in the truck and I'm ready to roll as soon as this wind lies down.

Reel Dive,

Will look for you on the water here in Panama City, I live in Youngstown, right up the road and about two blocks from fresh water landing into DeerPoint lake so spend most of my time there but we do get salty every now and again. I finally got a replacement card from PADI and need to get some gear together. Did lots of diving in my younger days on the island of Crete in Greece, man talk about some great clear water. Many times had 100 foot plus visiblilty.

See ya on the Water!!!!

Dave

they're talking 2-3ft, 4sec and 10mph SE for tomarrow. I'll be on the water if not in it in the morning. I'll start inshore and move out till I find something. Give a report tomarrow evening.

CU

Noo dive partner :( so went out anyway and Rod'n reeled it. Not much luck..
caught two spanish just out side the jetties. went out to the Black bart, the Hovercraft, Hataway 14, came back across the Chickasaw. No action on top. had a break off , probably an AJ< on the Bart. Maybe I'll find a dive partner later on this week and get wet!! It's still early water temp at the surface = 70. Could see the wheelhouse of the Black Bart @ 40' Things are improveing!

Diving

The water got to be warmer and calmer than the west coast@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dove the HoverCraft and span14 with Col wilson yesterday. no keeper grouper or snaper on either site. saw a nice reef shark, abt 4ft. seas 2ft, viz 30ft, bottom temp 71 f. Took some pix's, now if the fish would come in.

Back