North Carolina 45 minute rock

Chesapeake Hooker

Registered Member
City
Rising Sun
Wondering if the 195cc is suitable for this area. Looking at coming down mid May. Looking through a GMCO chart I am thinking New Topsail Inlet . The chart shows dolphin, sailfish, and cobia during this time. Any advice would be appreciated.

I do not know where the 45 minute rock is located. I am about 30 miles south of Topsail Beach. I use Carolina Beach NC inlet and the inlet in Southport NC. I have been as far out as 26 miles in my 195CC. I live here and know what the winds will do in different directions. I pick my days and only go that far offshore on "Blue Bird days" (no wind or storms). We have a lot of artificial reefs located along the coast here in NC. They are from 1-2 miles offshore to as much as 18 miles offshore. They are very productive reefs.Go online to NCDMF Artificial Reefs and click on Cape Lookout to Cape Fear.Then click on each reef#.It will show you where it is and what it is.It will give you the GPS coordinates for each reef, the depth, and the general location. Mid May is a good time for King Mackerel and Spanish Mackerel. Also good bottom fishing for Flounder,etc.

Back