Post Op. shake down 4/22/05

calicokid

Participating Member
Dave and I got the boat out Fri. after 6 weeks down recovering from spinal surgery, still having complications that will keep me from work 3-6 months nerve roots heal very slowly! I can however fish!!! Spent the day at Santa Cruz Island, couldn't get a drift at Chinese due to a S/W wind. Ended up catching some nice rock fish in the gap near 230'. Saw Fish and Game on and off all day they had there boat Bluefin down from Monterey working the Channel Islands, very pleasant people. At one point we pulled along side there Zodiac to chat with an officer while another boarded a sporty. After killing enough reds for dinner headed back to Yellow Banks to try a couple more drifts, managed to farm what felt like a small halibut before heading in. The dolphin ( mammal ) were in mass in the channel saw thousands during both crossings just an awesome sight! Makes any trip wonderful looking forward to next week!!

I hear you on the spinal surgery, had one done myself...bad news I may need another in a different location...sucks being stupid as a kid you pay for it as an older adult.
Glad you got out to fish.. I am holding off untill after my vac....need to save money for that.

Back