Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Well the new season for me is quickly approaching, As always I start with boat maintence. Cost was $ 600.00 + for the 100 hour service includes oils change , tune up, water pump, impellar, leak down testing, carb adjustment. well the basic go over entire moter stuff. Next would be my trailer check lights wheel bearings all good. THEN it would be time to add upgrades, to my ever growing supplies of fishing junk that my wife gives me that look :confused:.
Ist on the list is the smart tabs, I know i talked about in the past, and WILL have this season, just have not had the time to get to that store( I know excuse's excuse's :rolleyes:) 2nd on my list was a set of what I call poormans outriggers. They work just fine. They come in all shapes and sizes, and in crome, stainless and powdercoating, which is the least expensive. Well I'm excited, and hope to be on the water this weekend or the next.

Attachments

• poormans out rigger.jpg
    poormans out rigger.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 28
I've already put on 125 mi up here in cold NE in 2013.

This was my year for the trailer: new leaf springs and total 4 hub replacement. Ordering from EZ loader trailer on-line is great and BUB is a great help. My springs and hubs were 5+yrs old and really rusty. The replacement parts are a perfect fit and seem better quality than the originals, go figure.

BUB BISHOP PARTS MNGR
800-398-5623 X 210
FAX 509-444-5810
WEBSITE.http://estore.ezloader.com

Now all I need is the fish to show up!

courious as to why your springs and hubs rust out? are you fishing in the ocean? If so, and if you dont know, there is a product called saltaway, I spray on after every launch and recovery. As well as a final wash down at home with the same stuff. Mine is 11 years and still looking good.

Yes I boat only in saltwater with maybe 50+ trips per year. I thoroughly wash down the trailer with fresh water after each trip. I would not even consider washing/spraying the trailer while at the launch site as you infer: "spray on after every launch and recovery". What finally made me change the hubs, had hope to get 1 more year, was that the allen screw to drain the hub oil froze in several hubs. It also gave me a chance to get rid of the disc brake hubs on the rear axle, the brakes were dismantled after the lines broke 3 yrs ago. I would really like to get 11 yrs on the new springs/hubs! Included a pic of the new hubs.

Attachments

• IMG_20130307_175912.jpg
    IMG_20130307_175912.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 19
  • trailer front axle.jpg
    trailer front axle.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Trailer rear axle.jpg
    Trailer rear axle.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Trailer rear hub.jpg
    Trailer rear hub.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 20
nice pictures, new ones look real nice, and wow the old ones sure needed changing. well I may not hit the water this weekend, calling for 5-6 foot swells, not that i have not ventured in same conditions, but...just not sure if iwant to bounce around all day. anyway, tight lines to yah, good luck this year on fishing.

Back