Pressure Washer Advice Needed

blacter

Registered Member
City
Bend
I've been told that pressure washing is a great way to clean a Triumph, so I'm in the market to buy one before the season starts. I'd also use it to clean my deck, driveway etc. Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing about them. Could any of you suggest a make and model that works well for you, or help me narrow down the search. Thanks.

I love my pressure washer. It has saved me a lot of work. Unfortunately, I wasted money on the first one, it came from Home Depot. The folks at Home Depot said it could be fixed if it broke. I now think they meant the engine, not the pump. When the pump died, the Home Depot recommended repair place said it would cost more to repair than buy another new one at Home Depot. They said the Honda engine was not a problem to fix, but the pump was problem.

I would suggest that you look around at the places that both sell and repair pressure washers in your area. Ask about repair costs for both the engine and the pump. Also explain what type of water you plan on using. Where I am, they have stated that well water will shorten my pump life, and to use county water when possible. I think most well water in my part of Florida has too many minerals, and some people have a little bit of salt.

My second pressure washer also has a Honda engine, just slightly bigger. I hate to say it, but I had to spend a lot more than I did at Home Depot.

Only time will tell if I made a wise investment. The Home Depot model lasted two years. My second one is on its third year. If it lasts more than five years, then I will be money ahead of my first purchase.

Hope I helped.

Vic in Osprey FL

The washer is made by D/A Industries http://www.daindustries.com/

It has a 9 HP Honda Engine and a Cat pump.

The exact Model is "DA Pressure Ultralite 3000"

To me the secret is having someone local that can fix any problem's, at a reasonable cost. In my looking, I found many companies that could fix Honda engines and Cat pumps. It is great for cleaning the exterior of the house, the pool deck, etc. I don't even have to use chemicals, which tend to kill the plants.

Good luck on your search. Glad to answer any other questions you have.

By the way, where are you located? Your profile does not say.

Vic in Osprey FL

Back