Purchasing 170CC Yamaha 4 stroke vs Evinrude 2 stroke, not enough info yet.

B

Blunoser

Checked out the 170CC in Maine but motor warranty not honored in Canada. Four stroke Yamahas in US, dealer in NS sells the new Evinrude two stroke on the 170; saw 50 to 75hp on the boats unsure what would be best. There are no Triumphs in northern part of NS, we would be the first. Any suggestions, only here as visitor for next 48 hrs. There is limited number for sale and limited reviews that I have found.

I have a 115 Evinrude on my 195cc and I love it. More power, quieter, and less maintenance cost. I have a 150 Yamaha on a 24 ft Hurricane. When I can afford it I'll switch to an Evinrude.

Go with the 75hp (maximum). You wil be glad you did.

Yea, running a 2-stroke yammy 60hp on a 170cc and wouldn't go smaller, and would actually like to go higher when I have a few folks on. As for brand, well, I would go with evinrude in your case if for no other reason than you would be buying domestic :D.

Had a 60hp Etec for 3 years and couldn't break it. Got a 175hp Etec now with a couple of years on it and it has been bulletproof too.

Down the track I will change the old 2 stroke Merc 15hp on my 10ft tender for a 15hp Etec.

These Etecs are the best outboards I have ever used.

Thanks for your responses

It is good to hear from owner's and their experiences, thanks for responding.

Back