Re-initializing digital guages (Suzuki)

BeeReel

Contributing Member
City
Brockton
Yesterday I had a battery go dead and forgot to turn the ignition all the way off before switching batteries. The digital guages did not re-initialize and are now dead. Any clues as to the process to reset would be appreciated. I've tried several variations including holding both the up/down keys together while turning on the ignition, I've done the standard reset of the fuel service reminded (pull on on kill switch 5 times wherein I get the beep but no lights). I'll be calling dealer later but I know they are going to say bring in the boat (an 70 mile round trip).

BeeReel,
Check the Suzuki website.You may find some info on there. If not call their customer service dept.May save you some money without involving a dealer and travel. Check all of the fuses that are inline with the ignition.Good luck.
John D.

Suzuki website for marine engines is almost a joke as to the information provided. I also have the manuals.

Problem FIXED: John D jogged my memory as I had this problem long ago with less than 10 hrs on the engine (now 320hrs) and the service manager showed me the fuse. I popped in a new one and all set to go. It was this early incidence which made me go out and buy fuses and keep spares on board. It is just a pain to tilt back the center consol to gain access while out on the water.

Back