blakinsmith

Participating Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Los Gatos
State
CA
Hey - figured some of you seasoned veterans could offer suggestions on a couple problems I'm having. #1 - I pick up a fair bit of radio interference while operating my Garmin 170 sounder - particularly with weaker signals. Sounds like a constant, staticy tick, tick about 1 hz. #2, my GPS (Garmin 182C) shuts off when I plow through what I'd consider moderate swell or chop - 4 ft or so. The problem has been getting worse & more frequent. I've reseated elec connections and added some additional foam to act as a shock absorber underneath my mount. BTW, I have a 210CC and all elec units are bottom mounted in the factory compartment (behind the smoke colored plexi). My GPS is on the far left, which should be the stronger area of that flimsy plastic shelf.

Thanks .....Barry

As for the interferance, have you installed noice suppressors??? your sounder usually comes with the unit.

get a piece of starboard--i even seen plastic cutting boards at lowes or home depot that that can be mounted on that flimsy bottom and it will make the space more rigid.
i also get interference but not as much since i rerouted the transducer cable away from the other electronics.
robert

Thanks for the feedback, GGC & Dave & Genelie - I'll see about some more substantial reinforcement and separate grounds. Can't answer the question about noise suppresor - bought the boat and elec used - will take a close look at the install........Barry

Back