Suzuki Impellar Repalcement Time

MolarBoater

Contributing Member
City
Mountian Brook
After reading Piledriver's story, I feel the need to replace my Zuke140 2002's impellar this weekend. Looks straight forward from the manual, 7 bolts, drain oil, 4 or so bolts holding the impellar housing down, replace base gasket, impellar, key, thread lock, torque wrench and silicone sealant, refill with hypoid gear oil.

Should I make a "foot cradle" before doing this?

I was going to drain oil and remove prop to lighten the foot a little before dropping.

Anyone already done this in the backyard?
All pearls of wisdom are welcomed?:)

Thanks in advance, Molar

After reading Piledriver's story, I feel the need to replace my Zuke140 2002's impellar this weekend. Looks straight forward from the manual, 7 bolts, drain oil, 4 or so bolts holding the impellar housing down, replace base gasket, impellar, key, thread lock, torque wrench and silicone sealant, refill with hypoid gear oil.

Should I make a "foot cradle" before doing this?

I was going to drain oil and remove prop to lighten the foot a little before dropping.

Anyone already done this in the backyard?
All pearls of wisdom are welcomed?:)

Thanks in advance, Molar

This really is an easy back yard job as long as you have a decent set of mechanic's tools as on my Honda and I am sure your Suzuki you will need metric wrenches and sockets. It takes about an hour overall and why I felt so stupid for skipping it last year. As for a craddle, I have one of those "workmate" like benches that works nicely.

Changed out impellar today, about an hour. Alot easier than I expected. The old impellar looked pretty good but in 5 years you don't know when it will fall apart. Feel I saved some bucks to boot!

Back