Trim meter not working

Paul C

Registered Member
City
Norfolk
I have the orange faced Yamaha guages for my 150 4-stroke. The meter doesn't budge off of 5 bars even thought the engine is trimming like it is supposed to.
This dial is also the Tach. The tach is working fine.

My speedo is also not responding. Different guage but maybe related?

Thanks for any help.
Paul

Speedo, been there. There should be a small hole on the foot of the motor which water rams into and the pressure works the speedo. There is a little plastic hose that runs all the way from the foot to the speedo. If you take the speedo out of the console, disconnect the hose and try to blow it clean. Common for sand, dirt or insects etc to clog these tiney little holes. I, unfortunately, had a bug nest inside mine and had to replace since it was not servicable. Suzuki Df140

Speedo, been there. There should be a small hole on the foot of the motor which water rams into and the pressure works the speedo. There is a little plastic hose that runs all the way from the foot to the speedo. If you take the speedo out of the console, disconnect the hose and try to blow it clean. Common for sand, dirt or insects etc to clog these tiney little holes. I, unfortunately, had a bug nest inside mine and had to replace since it was not servicable. Suzuki Df140

About that bug nest... please tell me it wasn't because the insects were on the 'Endangered Species' list!

Living out here in California, I would almost expect that. But not in the real world...

The San Bernardino County Hospital, which was being built in the late 1990s, was forced to relocate its site some distance from the original spot because a few endangered flies were found in the area. :eek:

I endangered those bugs!

Unfortunately @$50, the Suzuki speedometer is not servicable......bonded shut....but has a little hole in the back for condensation to escape or a bug to enter, in my case. Since the bug was dead, I figured the center console fumes got him! Killed'm by default!

Back