Tuna n' slaw

Mrs. Offshoreman

Registered Member
State
CA
We were craving sushi the other night but I'm trying to keep Offshoreman and myself on the low-carb thing... so no rice, right? Well, cole slaw is a pretty good substitute as it turns out! Whatever your coleslaw recipe is, lay a bed of it down on your plate. Lay thin-sliced tuna on top of it, and sprinkle with tajin and sushi sprinkles (we get them at the Japanese grocery store.) Drizzle with sriracha mayo and you've got sushi slaw! It was fabulous!

Attachments

• 20190204_182643.jpg
    20190204_182643.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
I don't eat semi alive bait... But that looks great with some Blacken ____ (You fill in the blank)

And I can relate to not sucking in as many carbs (now if I could just get her to buy in!) Does the sriracha mayo which are like Mangoes in my eyes, and I would roll around in a bath tub full of it like a Dog! Not have a ton of carbs also?

Time to eat for sure!

I don't eat semi alive bait... But that looks great with some Blacken ____ (You fill in the blank)

And I can relate to not sucking in as many carbs (now if I could just get her to buy in!) Does the sriracha mayo which are like Mangoes in my eyes, and I would roll around in a bath tub full of it like a Dog! Not have a ton of carbs also?

Time to eat for sure!
I guess I need to add the recipe for the mayo! It's basically no carb. Its mayo, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, and garlic salt. I'll check the sriracha sauce, but I don't think it has carbs.

Love sushi! Wow that looks really great! Thanks for sharing. :cool:

Had the Ahi tuna and slaw again tonight. The slaw is really just a chopped mixed salad with Marie Calendars Cole Slaw sauce, a bunch of Mrs. Offshoreman's magic and BAM!!! Best... Dinner.... Ever.....

I'd post a photo, but can't. Nothing left....

She's on the couch. I'm in the recliner. A good hunting show is on and I think.... Hhmm. Maybe "magic" was too much. Maybe I should have said "Mrs. Offshoreman's VooDoo". Not sure. She'll laugh in a second or two, or I'm in trouble.....

WooHoo!!! She laughed. I'm safe.....

She's on the couch. I'm in the recliner. A good hunting show is on and I think.... Hhmm. Maybe "magic" was too much. Maybe I should have said "Mrs. Offshoreman's VooDoo". Not sure. She'll laugh in a second or two, or I'm in trouble.....
She laughed.

Back