Yamaha 115 Transportation Question

Gearyg

Participating Member
City
Huntington Beach
Hello, does anyone know if it is ok to trailer transport a Yamaha 115 OB while Locked in the Up Positions using the motors "tilt suport lever". Some have told me that it is ok as long as you are not traveling cross country. But the dealer recomends that I purchase an additional support bar even for short trips. Has anyone have any input or experiences with this?...thanks

Buy the support bar, that lever is not made to support the weight of the motor while bouncing up and down per the owners manual.

If you break it while trailering I'd bet it isn't covered and it will cost you more than a dozen trailering supports to repair.

We do not travel anywhere without m-y wedge. We have put on over 1,500 miles using the m-y wedge, including comming home from the dealer. Do a search and read what others have said in the past and what they might use.

I believe if you check the Yamaha manual it will caution you against trailering in the locked position. I too have the M-Y-Wedge and love it. I had a bar before and this is much easier to use.

Do not use the motor lock to trailer! Buy the suporrt bar. Easy to put on and does the job.

I second the m-ywedge. That little thing is nice. I used a block of wood on my old Rig but hey new 2006 boat new toy looks and functions great.
link: I ordered direct from those guys. paid with cc and was shipped to my home in 3 days. about $29.95
http://www.m-ywedge.com/order.htm

Here's another vote for the m-y wedge, it's a great product; wish I thought of it.

I pulled my 190 bay with a 115 yamaha from Florida to Michigan using the built in motor support. I did not have any problems, but I just ordered a "m-y wedge" for the journey back to Florida at the end of the month.

Gearyg,

Not familiar with m-y wedge. Modified the transom saver (bar) to provide a secure connection with the rear cross bar on the trailer. Weight of 80 four stroke is supported by the trailer frame and the boat transom.

Trailered from WNC to south FLA five times (1600 miles round trip) and to Carolina coast several times each year (round trip 880) without any issues to date.

Always looking for a better way. Will try to check out the m-y wedge.

Back