Yellow Banks 7/26/05

calicokid

Participating Member
It looks like its busting open. The water is warm there is bait everywhere. Calico Bass are spawning Barracuda and White Sea Bass are just cruising around the kelp edges. My daughter and her boyfriend are on leave from Ft. Lewis and this was probably my only chance to fish with them this year so I was very pleased with the conditions. We got a late start because I didn't want to ask the solders to get up early on there vacation and the day was about spending time on the water with them not fishing. And we still managed some nice Calicos and Casey his first Sea Bass. I think I'll head back out tomorrow For a serious effort!

Attachments

• 7-26-05 003.jpg
    7-26-05 003.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 32
Nice fish. Kind of looks like a big blue fish.

Hey, look what I got last weekend...

full

Nice WSB...I have yet to get one other than a baby while making bait. Looks like you have a chum bucket there on your boat. If so would that be the way to help bring in the WSB ????

Cincinnati
that's a nice striper I've only caught landlocked striped bass. my best was 22lb. lots in the teens, I always liked a 1oz. white bucktail jig with a curly tail worm just seemed to really make them mad.
Genelie
The chum bucket was to try to lure in a blue shark to replace a photo my daughter took last year and lost in a computer crash ( I have to give Compaq kudos her laptop crashed 4 days before she had to return to Iraq with 2 over night shipping and the rebuild the unit got back to her in time for her to take it with her!) we didn't get one this time. I'm not a shark fisherman at all. For the sea bass I'll anchor up current from a kelp and chunk squid and throw plastic or iron, the squid may not do any more than keep the calicos biting until were lucky enough for some sea bass to breeze by though. We actually see them cruising the edge of the kelp under the boat , nice to have such a quiet boat! that's been what seems to work out for me. Unless its one of those wide open fall in with the fleet or birds crashing on the beach kind of bites.

Back