190 Bay

comp78tec

Registered Member
City
Raleigh
Hi everyone, just purchased a new 2008 190 Bay. I have had and used several smaller boats (mostly jon boats in the florida everglades) so this is my first full size boat. I will be picking it up next week (from Merritt Marine, I highly recommend them, great service and very knowledgeable on everything Triumph!) and can't wait to get it in the water. I plan on using this in both fresh and saltwater.... initially only in fresh water until I get comfortable with the boat itself. I live in Raleigh, NC these days, any lake recommendations?

--Kevin

Hi everyone, just purchased a new 2008 190 Bay. I have had and used several smaller boats (mostly jon boats in the florida everglades) so this is my first full size boat. I will be picking it up next week (from Merritt Marine, I highly recommend them, great service and very knowledgeable on everything Triumph!) and can't wait to get it in the water. I plan on using this in both fresh and saltwater.... initially only in fresh water until I get comfortable with the boat itself. I live in Raleigh, NC these days, any lake recommendations?

--Kevin

:)..WELCOME to the site and to NC. Lake Jordan is in your back yard as is Falls and Buggs Island (Kerr, NW of you on 85). If you like to bass fish Buggs is the ticket. I live in Lexington, NC but have fished allot of BASS Tournaments on these lakes so if you ever have any questions let me know. Get you a GPS for the boat and a good Graph. I fish out of Morehead City, Southport, and Oregan Inlet here in NC. I also fish the Chesapeke Bay and Rudees Inlet in VA. Great places to fish in winter for the Striper :D........ What engine do you have on the boat? Trolling Motor? T-Top? ?????? Please share all the info on the rig...Boost

Current Setup:

2008 Triumph 190 Bay
-Yamaha 115hp 4-stroke
-Bimini Top (may get a T-top once I start doing saltwater more...)
-Coaming Bolsters
-Swim Platform
-Trolling Motor - MinnKota Riptide 80lb with 2 deep cycles
-Lowrance HDS-5 GPS/Fish Finder
-Front Fishing Seat
-EZloader Aluminum Trailer

Any other recommendations? I plan on getting a ICAM M72 VHF handheld for now, and a ICAM 422 when I take it in the ocean.

Nice setup and welcome to the site, you might think about the bow pad when taking the wife or kids out. My wife puts an umbrella where the front fishing seat goes.......I have to fish off the back...but all is good when she is happy.

TTops have good and bad issues....I have an aftermarket TTop from bass pro, its ok and gives me an extra place to hold on to. It does give a good amount of shade and the extra storage in a Tbag is nice. If I ever find an electronic box for around a 100 i might buy it...300 is way overpriced. The draw backs, it encloses the boat a little so fishing with more than two people is crowded. Storage of the boat is a little harder, eg wont fit in a standard garage unless you get a folding kind. Some bridges arent tall enough to go under. The rod holders in the consol are not usueable anymore, atleast mine arent.

just my opinion,hope it helps.

Congratulations on the 190 Bay Kevin. It is a great boat and perfect for striper fishing on Jordan Lake. :)

Back