Another Triumph getting ready for the water!

dkaraluz

Registered Member
Was looking for a boat and through searches in BoatTrader and the web came to find the Triumph line of boats. Read much about them on this site and got seriously concerned about hull sagging... But could not find any other boat that had what I wanted in the size and price range! Went to the Fort Lauderdale boat show where I looked at the boats very carefully and after a great deal of shopping I took the plunge: tomorrow afternoon I am picking up a brand new 2006 170 DC with a Yamaha 60 4 stroke!
Will be used mostly on the ICW in southeast Florida and the canals leading into the Everglades. But already planning a trip to Key Largo!
Any other owners of this boat that want to share good and bad tips?
Thanks.

Welcome to this web site. Lots of information available with just a little digging required (the "Search" feature is really helpfull). Glad you found us and know you will enjoy your time on the water.

I'm looking at the same boat could you let me know what it cost you..Thanks

I would suggest limiting any sharing of actual dollar quotes to Private Messages (PM). :)
I'm looking at the same boat could you let me know what it cost you..Thanks

I've got a 2006 170DC with a 4 stroke 60 hp Yamaha and absolutely love it.:) :) :)

Glad to see other owners with the 170DC. Just got back from Duck Key... has anybody installed custom hand rails around the console? It is hard to move around in the ocean without anything (besides the steering wheel) to grab...
Thanks

Have a small story to share: driving down US 1 in Key Largo I miss the store I wanted to stop at. Get off the road onto the gravel shoulder and using the mirrors on the car (2001 Ford Explorer) I back up. Did not stop untill I hit an utility pole with the boat that I did not see from either mirror. Scratches on the engine but nothing else. BOY, WAS I GLAD I BOUGHT A TRIUMPH! (Since then I make my wife get out of the car and look out...).

Back