Getting Ready for the STRIPERS......

boostjunkie1

Contributing Member
City
Lexington
OK, so how many people will be going out to the NC Coast this year for the BIG STRIPERS? We are looking at going to the Chesepeak Bay for the Bay Season 2 times. Then depending on where the Pigs go either south to Oregon Inlet or stay North at Rudees that is where we will be once again. Let me know if anyone is planning on going this year. Of course we will have to watch the weather and make sure that the wind is good. We have had great success in the past years pulling MoJo Rigs and Umbrella Rigs. I have got to get a downrigger for the boat before I take the 190 Pig hunting :D!!!! See You there! Boost

WOW, I just google the bay, its is huge.....How long it that bridge going over the bay?? ever get worried about the bridge during a hurricane??

I'm hoping to make one of my last trips for the season tomorrow in Buzzard's Bay around Cuttyhunk Is. hunting those "cow" stripers before they head south to you guys in NC!

This season up hear was losey for stripers in general however there were some very big cows taken, RI had a record 74lb'er landed.

Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

The CBBT is 17.6 miles from Shore to Shore and 23 miles from toll plaza to toll plaza. It has the largest private police force in the Commonwealth of Virginia and is listed as one of the engineering wonders of the modern world when it was completed in 1964 , and again after the second span was built 1999. The bridge-Tunnel is frequently closed to tractor-trailer traffic due to high winds and all traffic during severe weather such as a hurricane, but has not received any major damamge from storms or other natural disasters. The scenes in Mission Impossible 3 that were set on the Bay Bridge in Maryland were in fact filmed on the CBBT's north span. It has a fishing pier off the first island and offers excellent structure for boat bound anglers as well. All in all, if you make to Tidewater, come fish it!

Well all of you local guys need to let a little info slip on where the fish are........please :) . I will be going tomorrow evening to Badin for some late evening Stripers. If the weather stays the same I might be going earlier in the day. For the Bay, YES that place is a small Ocean of it's own. Dont get caught out there in bad weather :( . Will make for a bad trip!

Back