191FS Full Canvas Enclosure Set

RoryWainer

Contributing Member
City
Donvale
Does anyone have a picture of a 191FS with a full canvas enclosure set?

Planning on ordering one with my new boat but would like to see a picture first.

Thanks, Rory

I did not know someone produced one. I wonder if they have one for a 170CC?

Merritt marine has them. They may be able to send you a picture.

Merritt Marine...your Triumph Boat factory dealer!

HTR

Thanks, Merritt Marine is where I am buying my 191 from :)

I just thought someone must already have a picture of their boat with full clears, and I can't find one on the internet :confused:

PS I have read the hull specs for the 191 & 195 & they appear to be identical, yet the 195 is quoted as being 18" longer...is Triumph counting the bow pulpit on the 195?

Great to know that the 191FS/195DC have the same hull - it means the test results are substantially the same plus answers the question about the clears (there are more 195DC pictures on the web).

Thanks.

ps Have ordered my 191 with a bow pulpit & rail.

Attachments

• 10314134_102_080920091654_1.jpg
    10314134_102_080920091654_1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 37
Close

That is sort of what I would like for my center console. Something to zip to the Bimini top that would protect me during foul weather. Don't know if it would be better to have snaps on top of the gunnel or just above the rub rail.

I would think if you put the snaps on the gunnel wind and water would blow in pretty easily.

I got some good pictures of the 191 full enclosure from Merritt Marine...they are way more than I need, but could be of interest to others.

Attachments

• 191 curtains.jpg
    191 curtains.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG00168.jpg
    IMG00168.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 43
Well...

Spoke to Carl Merritt. There is no enclosure for the 170CC. If I want one, I'll have to commission one :eek: or build it myself. :cool:

I think HTR built his own. :rolleyes:

Spoke to Carl Merritt. There is no enclosure for the 170CC. If I want one, I'll have to commission one :eek: or build it myself. :cool:

I think HTR built his own. :rolleyes:

Yes, buying off-the-shelf is always best, if you can. I wasted a lot of time and money getting clears custom made for my 190Bay; it took two sets to get it right. At first I had a full enclosure but it impacted on walking space, covered the bait well, made access to the helm difficult, etc, etc. I ended up with some very simple clears just around the T-Top - they keep the wind off while driving or waiting for fish, but don't otherwise impact on the boat's open design. Hopefully the attached pictures will save you some time & money.

Attachments

• 06062009414.jpg
    06062009414.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 06062009406.jpg
    06062009406.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 29
Does anyone have a picture of a 191FS with a full canvas enclosure set?

Planning on ordering one with my new boat but would like to see a picture first.

Thanks, Rory

I have a few options for you Brother :p

You are a funny man, PS.

Full combat gear for rain? Was looking for something a bit more relaxed. :D

I have been know to come up with a joke or two, but I think y'all need to go back to the web page again and wait long enough for the video to load on the home page ;)

It was designed for running flat out in the rain and cold on a Bass Boat which and is a lot less expensive than wind screens or all those cute little shower curtains some like to hang up :D Also much easier to take off the mask and store it than all those shower curtains when it is time to gear up for some "full contact" Fishing :p

I dont have the best looking enclosure but it gets the job done. It is amazing how much warmer you will be. Even with 3 sides on a sunny day it is at least 15 degrees warmer in the enclosure. If I didn't have the enclosure fishing for salmon on lake Michigan in December would be really tough. I just have to find a way to put automatic defrosters on the reels to keep them from icing up.

http://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/f26/how-i-made-enclosure-triumph-191-a-4690.html

The bad news is this winter I put on a new windshield that is 7 inches higher than the old one so now the enclosure doesn't fit so I have to make a new one. I went with the same windshield they used on the totem lodge triumphs.

HTR

For a first timer...

HTR,

For a first timer, I think the enclosure is great. But, you have a dual console to attach the clear vinyl, I don't.

Somehow, I would need to attach a front and sides (using a zipper I believe) to the bimini top, have it run down toward the front and, using snaps, attach to the gunnel around the bow.

Don't want anything like a dodger because of the additional metal braces needed, just something to keep the water off (or most of it) during rough weather.

I got to search the internet for photos. There has to be some other "nut" like me out there trying the same thing.

Okay, found something...

Found a company in Sarasota, FL that may have the idea I was looking for. Click the link below and check out the boat on the bottom.

Check this out: Better Boat Covers

Those are some nice looking covers and he makes them for many style boats.

Back