Full Enclosure for 191

aronlevin

Participating Member
I am thinking about getting the full enclosure kit with the bow cover for my 05 191 fs. Does anyone have one or seen one on the water? How well does it work? Looking for any info I can get. I am trying to set the boat up as a good lake and ocean boat. I have dual downriggers, fish finder, GPS, marine VHF with 8 foot whip. I am also looking at adding a kicker engine, what horsepower will be best and how to set it up?
Thanks
Aron

Enclosure 191

Aron,

There is a 191 on YachtWorld.com for sale in Portland OR I saw that has a full enclosure. There are lots of pictures for you to see. Hope that helps.

Bluefin

Didn't triumph show this on their site before? I thought I saw it on the site and now I can't find one. After fishing in the 20s and 30s for the last few weeks, I am thinking they would be worth the money.

I got one from merrit marine and need to instal it. I will send pics and keep you updated on how it worked out.

This is what it looks like. I have not finished the instal. This will take a bit more work. I want to get it right.

Attachments

• P2040006.jpg
    P2040006.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 100
Full Enclosure

I have a dealer installed full enclosure in my 191 F&S and it works well. I'm located near OC MD and keep my boat in the water until early December and the full enclosure allows me to boat late into the year with out freezing.

The enclosure zips around the top of bimini cover and snaps around the hull on the bottom. I'm able to run a "slow" plane (25 mph or so) without having to worry about the snaps come un-done. With so much clear plastic around the interior the boat stays nice and warm even on a cold day.

I keep the boat fully enclosed most of the boating year and the enclosure and bow cover keeps the boat's interior clean and dry.

bill

Nice

Aron,

Looks great and warm!!!! How far offshore do you take the boat and how dry does it stay? That will extend your boating season greatly.

Good Job!

Bluefin

I go about 20 miles off shore. I have not finished the istal on the enclosure yet. If it is raining I can stay somewhat dry with a rain coat and bimini top. I hope to extend my season a bit longer, but most of the fishing seasons are closed durring winter on the north coat. I hope it will extend my lake use a bit more.

The picture should be a thumbnail pic in my post. I will try and put one in the 191 picture forum

The full enclosure is about $700 and the Bow cover not in pictures was about $200 I am doing all the labor myself (some drilling and slight modifications).

Aron,

Can the bow cover be installed w/o the full enclosure? Please post pictures of the bow cover once you install it. Looks great!

Bluefin

Yes the bow cover can be installed with out the full enclosure. I plan to get everything installed latter this week (I hope). I will post pics when I am done. Thanks

Back