A few ideas to consider before camping with your family

John Miller

Registered Member
State
New York
Hello! I saw that this section is empty so I wanted to start a new thread. Here are a few camping tips for you. Before going on a camping trip make sure you have everything you need when you get there. Here is a quick list with some basic things you'll need, Click To View List.

Another thing to pay special attention to is your tent. For what season do you plan camping? You said that you want to go in the summer like the others, as tempting as it is to buy a waterproof tent because "why not?" you better not. Waterproof tents tend to keep a lot of heat. Check this article for some good family tents and some more tips to consider. Happy camping!

If you believe that the weather is unpredictable and you still prefer a waterproof tent then I would recommend a tent with a full rain fly, you can leave the doors open, or take the rain fly off while the weather is nice. It's a bit more expensive than buying a Coleman tent but you will be protected from an unexpected rain.

Happy camping!

The best thing we ever did is buy a small camp trailer. You keep 90% of the stuff you always forget, in the trailer. I love tent camping, but with a wife, three kids and two dogs, it’s a thing of the past. That’s a great list to follow if your tent or trailer camping.

We tent camped for years, until kids got older... and we got older....., and..... well, it got cold at night! So we moved onto a travel trailer.

Tent camping was so much cheaper...

But all of that was great! Thanks for sharing.

I love tent camping, just not practical anymore. I do get to sleep in the dirt, under the stars occasionally during fire season though. When I go hunting, I just sleep in the back of my pickup.
Now that my wife has been on Martins new trailer... I’m sure we’ll be upgrading before long. Didn’t mean to hijack tent camping thread with trailer talk.

Back