Access to Rear of Bow U bolt - launch system

Aussie Triumph

Registered Member
I have another query guys, im not sure if I should post this in the towing section, however it does appear to be only relevent to the 195 hull.
I am fitting this boat with a launch and retrieve system, which is basically an automatic snare and release system that enables the drive on / drive off trailer operation to be a lot easier ( especially if your on your own ).
Anyway I need to replace the standard bow U bolt ( normal winch and safety chain point ) with the stainless steel "snare".
The problem I have is i cant figure out how to access the rear of the existing u bolt, this should have holding nuts on the inside.
Apparantly my dealer has fitted these to other model triumphs with easy access, but not the 195 hull.
How do i get to it ?

I realise its a fairly 'obscure question" but you never know if you dont ask.

I know there are systems out there that assist the drive on trailer latching process, however I think this is the only one that also assists holding the boat in position until you are ready to drive off. There is a huge variation of boat ramps here in West Aussie, some are very steep and extremely slippery so i would like a system that gives me the most flexability if possible.

By the way this system has a very good name here - Aussie designed and developed too :D. check out www.boatlatch.com if interested

thanks TeriL
I have another query guys, im not sure if I should post this in the towing section, however it does appear to be only relevent to the 195 hull.
I am fitting this boat with a launch and retrieve system, which is basically an automatic snare and release system that enables the drive on / drive off trailer operation to be a lot easier ( especially if your on your own ).

Aussie,
I can see from the videos that the snare system would be very helpful if you had rollers on the trailer, but I really doubt you will need it with the bunks that the Triumphs require. I launch and recover my 170CC by myself all the time and have never had a problem coming off the trailer before I wanted it to. You may want to try it without the snare first...might save you a few dollars. Just a thought. Enjoy your new boat!

thanks cagrove and k9reno.

Cagrove, yes i did have that same thought, but I really wasnt sure, especially about driving the boat on the trailer and then having the confidence to depower , lift the motor and climb down off the bow without the boat moving / slipping backwards. I also intend to climb up over the bow to launch the boat. So i really appreciate your comments, thanks and I would be really interested in others experience with this.

k9reno i checked out that website, but can only see like most systems it appears to only assist the locking mechanism to allow you to drive on the trailer. Does it also have a holding mechanism that holds the boat in place until you are ready to back off ? Am i missing something ( probably :confused:). Anyway this is not as important as the drive on section so it may be the comprimise I need. I really appreciate the input fella's, this is very helpfull

I have launched and recovered my 210 cc by myself on several occasions. It has not been that difficult, recovering is the most problematic. Launching is easy and I dont really see the need for an assist system unless your on a very steep ramp. I just back my trailer into the water and stop before the winch is where I would get wet.
I unhook the strap and then back in and float the boat off. Of course I have a dock line already secured to keep the boat from floating away while I pull the trailer out. :)

Back