Anyone had a complete reupholster job done on their Triumph 215CC?

nocturn

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Colonial Heights
State
Virginia
My 2007 215cc's upholstery is starting to fall apart. Seams splitting, piping fading...etc. I plan on getting everything reupholstered this winter while the old girl is in winter stasis.

It's the loaded 215. Full bolsters all around, bow box, cooler top and back rest, x2 capt chairs (back and butt), and x2 stern jump seats (back and butt).

I'm not really concerned about adding the blue piping, change in textures and embroidered "Triumph" logo. I'm just looking for a ballpark price on reupholstering everything with the same vinyl texture. Obviously I plan on delivering all the cushions and supporting hardware to the upholsterer.

What would be a reasonable price to pay? I know a lot of it has to do with location, I'm just asking for a range. I have a figure in my head but I'm not sure if its realistic or not.

My 1st tip is "less is more" when it comes to longevity... The less holes into the material the less water can enter into it and break down the foam.

Next is open more webbing on the back side of them so they again, can dry out... And there are some newer foams and foam density levels to help with our ageing backs and I am quite sure some Marine grade closed cell "memory" foam for the console seat bottom might come in very handy! That is "unless" you found the "Fountain of Youth" here in Florida Ole Ponce was looking for? If so, please share that Lat and Long :p

As far as costing goes, it's not cheap, but quality work never is and all the work I have had done in the past, far exceed the factory in quality!

Now... If you are willing to ship them (just the covers) as a template, you might be able to secure some excellent work by some of the connections I have in that business.

Let me know Brother!

Dave

I might take you up on that Dave. I'll probably pop the bolsters off in Oct when I pack her up for the winter. I want to see whats going on behind them concerning mounting hardware. I'll let you know. Thanks man.

You might check with Merritt Marine too as they added a upholstery shop to their operation several years ago and were setup to match the Triumph stuff pretty well. I've got a couple of cushions I'm taking over there in a week or so to have them redo for me. :)

I just had my 235 done. Every single piece and it was $1,600. They did a fantastic job. Now, I'm on the wrong coast from you, so bringing it here to my guy would be difficult. But that gives you an idea what I paid for.

Yep, I'm thinking its going to run between $1500 and $2500 to get it all done. I'm good with that.

Things can be shipped (just ask Amazon) anywhere... So if he is really good and willing, see if he can handle the intake of the just the present covers as a template and then ship them back?

I would also just check around with the local Automotive Interior shops and see if they can handle such?

Having ours done by a local St Pete upholstery shop this week for a total cost of $900. We lost the upper seat cushion backs on the stern, and the cooler cushion brace broke as well, so factor those in. $1500 should be reasonable.

I was quoted $2500 for the same number of cushions on the east coast of FL.

Ended up going with a guy in Virginia Beach. Total cost is $1600 for everthing excluding the cooler top and back. They're like brand new still. Same pattern without the piping. I did bump up to a better vinyl though. Dropped them off in late November. Should be ready the 1st of Feb.

I just did it all except my cooler seat and the back rest. All else was a combination of custom work and Merritt marine

Bolsters all around ;custom made with triumph name on the front panel 700.00

Captain seats, seat back, rear sear and front clip on seat : Merritt marine: (cant recall how much Sorry) but he has them Available. All in all I spent nearly 2 K , BUT she looks beautiful and almost like the day I bought her 8 years ago (this boat has aged very well) and I still love her as much today as the day I first Got her..........

How about some pictures of the new ones Coastie!
Dealing with some health issues, Dave. Boat is in long term storage right now. Hoping to hit the water in the next month or so, albeit brief. Ttyl.

Having ours done by a local St Pete upholstery shop this week for a total cost of $900. We lost the upper seat cushion backs on the stern, and the cooler cushion brace broke as well, so factor those in. $1500 should be reasonable.

I was quoted $2500 for the same number of cushions on the east coast of FL.
Can you share the shop's name? I'm not too far from there.
Thanks

I just did it all except my cooler seat and the back rest. All else was a combination of custom work and Merritt marine

Bolsters all around ;custom made with triumph name on the front panel 700.00

Captain seats, seat back, rear sear and front clip on seat : Merritt marine: (cant recall how much Sorry) but he has them Available. All in all I spent nearly 2 K , BUT she looks beautiful and almost like the day I bought her 8 years ago (this boat has aged very well) and I still love her as much today as the day I first Got her..........
can you let me know where you got your bolsters made? i'm looking for new blosters all around also. I'm on the west coast, but I'm sure they'll ship. Merritt won't do bolsters anymore, but they got me 3 new cushions.

Back