Bacon mac n' WHAT?!?

Mrs. Offshoreman

Registered Member
State
CA
Mr. Offshoreman and I have really been trying not to eat those pesky carbs, so we are learning to substitute other things. Our daughter, on here as Clomosno, introduced us to this cauliflower recipe and it's amazing and pretty simple.
1 package frozen cauliflower
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheddar-jack cheese
4-5 strips bacon
First, thaw the cauliflower and chop into small pieces (about 1/2"). Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
Next, cook the bacon in a cast iron or other oven-safe deep skillet, then take it out and chop it up.
Pour the cream into the skillet and add the cheese, melting it over low heat. Add the cauliflower and chopped bacon, and then season it however you like. I use garlic salt and seasoned salt. Once the cheese is melted and everything is combined, place the skillet into the oven at 350° and bake for about 20 minutes, or until nice and bubbly. Pull it out, let it rest and cool to thicken, and chow down! Clomosno is an amazing cook, and I think she used fresh cauliflower and chopped and steamed and drained it instead of using my shortcut. At any rate, hers was better!

First time she made it for us I that it was a cheesy pasta like mac-n-cheese. I said: "I thought we were on some sort of diet or something!"

Now we enjoy it regularly. Mrs. Offshoreman is a culinary genius!!!

Ok, so is the daughter....

Back