Boat Lift on 190 Bay

R

Redemshank

I will be getting a 2007 190 Bay assuming I can put it on a Sunstream FloatLift. I have seen other solutions with other boat lifts, but the distance between the V-Beams on the Floatlift are about 2.5 feet longer than those specified on the trailer. I will be using an aluminum bunk material that does not flex near as much as a carpeted piece of lumber. Otherwise, the location of all four bunks will be identical to the trailer. Does anyone see any potential problems with using a more rigid bunk material spread over a longer distance? If I send drawings to Triumph will they likely approve the design and honor the warranty? Attached is drawing of the FloatLift. Any input is greatly appreciated as I do not want to get the boat if I can't keep it on the lift safely.

Attachments

• FL-06 line-iso.jpg
    FL-06 line-iso.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 48
Hi Redemshank. Welcome to the site. I'm going to move your post to the "Tech Talk" forum in hopes that Dick Cabble at Merritt Marine will respond. We can't speak for Triumph obviously but I'll send a link to them to see what you've got too, in hopes of starting an answer for you. :)

Redemshank I am not an engineer, but I will tell you about my 210 and trailer. Triumph was very helpful in that they e-mailed me the trailer specifications for my boat. I took those specs to Rolls Axle and they made my trailer. The bunks are lower, longer, and thicker (bigger and more rigid) than those on a standard trailer. The longer length was used to help make the trailer stronger. The fact that the boat does not rest on this longer length bunk is of no consequence. I do not think Triumph will approve your design, it is up to you to match their specs. The folks at Triumph saw my trailer and were impressed. I like your idea of the FloatLift. Please post pictures when you have it in place.

REDEMSHANK, We have built a few lifts and have not had problems as long as the lift bunk system is the same as the trailer. We have always made the bunks as long as the lift so they don't need an additional cross support. The Floatlift is a great system and is adaptable to many bunk configurations.

Dick

Back