Bought a boat, just so I could see the pictures :)

Manomet

Participating Member
City
Manomet
Fellow Triumph owners,

Thanks for all of the insight, I've been considering a boat purchase for some time. Been educating myself and passively researching the matter with the intent of 'eventually' purchasing a boat. In my reading, I came across one of the recent magazine articles and for the first time learned about the plastic boat. I not hooked at that point, but intrigued because my buddy and I spend much time among the rocks in his glass boat (its a good workout, trying to pull our lobster traps by hand without scratching his boat). Eventually, I forgot about the Triumph until the recent Boston boat show where the wife and I saw the 235 and fell in love (mostly I fell in love). Unfortunately the 235 is outside the budget for a first boat, but at least I was again interested in the Triumph thing. That lead me here, where I have been lurking for a while, studying, learning, wishing I could see the darn pictures. Eventually, my need to see the pictures won out and, just today, I bought a used 210CC (that one fit the budget).

As you can see, I am now real, a registered user. I will happily spend whatever money it takes to belong to this community, because I can see that it will be money well spent and because I can see how much work goes into it (Thanks to Randy and the others). Even with my unofficial and non-picture viewing outsider status, I found this site to be very informative and useful.

Thanks to all of you and your shared knowledge, it helped me with the decision to buy and made it an educated decision. Now lets hope the boat floats, I plan to launch it tomorrow if I can figure out how to get it out of the driveway (much larger than expected, once I got it down there. I'm sure daylight will make it easier)... :)

Ted

Congratulations Ted and welcome aboard! :)

Welcome.

Hope you enjoy your 210 CC as much as we do. They are GREAT, and we love our plastic boat.

You might want to check out the "Articles" Section now that you are an owner.

Ted, your going to like that 210CC. I have two friends that each have a 210CC, and I had the opportunity to go fishing with one of them. We went fishing at the Chandaleur Islands in the Gulf of Mexico, then decided to go out to one of the rigs out in the Gulf Of Mexico. There were some nice size rollers out there, but the 210CC took it with ease. Enjoy your first day out.

Hey Jack, is there much left of the Chandaleurs? Was hoping they would start to reform after the hurricanes but nature is slow....sometimes at least.

MolarBoater, we've had several hurricanes over the past few years that have taken a toll on the Chandeleur Islands. In the recent past, we had Ivan and Katrina. There have been several other lesser hurricanes that have also eaten away at the Islands. If we have a few more years like the past two, with a minimal number of hurricanes, maybe they can build back up. This is a web site that will give you an idea of how much less of the Islands that there are, http://coastal.er.usgs.gov/hurricanes/katrina/photo-comparisons/chandeleur.html

The guy that I mentioned who has a 210CC, and I've been fishing with, says that the fishing is still good around the Islands.

welcome

Welcome and congrats. Plastic Rocks!

Jack thanks for the great link about those islands. I'll have to look them up but it's interesting info.

Back