Dealer finishing up details on new Triumph 2014 186 Sportsman SC

Catfish

Registered Member
City
Omaha
State
Ne
Help! Advice please! Dealer finishing up details on new Triumph 2014 186 Sportsman SC

Any suggestions on items for them to check out before I take possession. Concerns I should be aware of?
Terrova 80 I-Pilot Link, Onix SIHD 10", Merc 150

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new 186! Sweet. I hope you'll share some pictures when you have her. And welcome aboard! Are you taking a "sea trial" with her at delivery?

Photos 2014 186SC Sportsman

Any ideas for interior lighting upgrade on factory bulbs for excellent illumination for night, 2 more Polk Speakers add them where? Other Ideas? This is our Walleye, Catfish, and anything else we can catch Boat. Missouri River Lakesetc.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 33
WOW beginning to think no one knows anything bout a 2014 Sportsman SC? No comments, No replies. Maybe my thread is uninteresting. Hope someone helps me with advice before I pick this up from the dealer Boomerang who by the way has been excellent to work with. What about a Kicker any thoughts? Does this model have good drainage? Any known problems I should head off at the pass with a mod? Thank you in advance for any response.

Sharp looking boat...

Have you checked out West Marine for lighting upgrades? Perhaps you can find something that comes on when you open a hatch, also something under the steering console to light the floor area. You could also change out the existing cockpit lights to LED bulbs for brightness. I saw something recently on Triumph where underwater transom lights ware also added. If you don't want to run wiring, batter powered is also an option.

I understand you are in the midwest. That is why I put the term "sea trial" in quotations. The idea is to have the dealer actually take you out to a local lake to go over operation of the boat and give you a chance to run it before taking possession of it. My dealer did this and it was very helpful to have them go over everything on the boat while on the water.
Freshwater Midwest

Very nice looking rig. I see that it already has an inner hull drain. That is good. And it looks like you have on board battery charger, nice. Does it have a fuel/water separator already installed? If not I would highly recommend that you work with the dealer to put one on it.

Thank you for the feedback I will ask them to add if not in place a fuel water separator. Thank you again

I was wondering about the LEDs. When I get it I will change them are the bulbs all standard type size? Thank You for the feedback.

Bulbs are probably mostly standard sizes, but in my opinion, the replacement LED bulbs are not worth the money you would spend. I'm not saying LED lighting isn't worth the money, but that the only worthwhile replacement is that of the entire fixture. It's been my experience that replacement bulbs leave much to be desired. If the fixture is made with an LED bulb designed to be used with that fixture, then the result is much more satisfying.

Excellent info. Thank you Is your 195CC your first Triumph? Why did you buy a Triumph? Have you done any adds mods to it?

Excellent info. Thank you Is your 195CC your first Triumph? Why did you buy a Triumph? Have you done any adds mods to it?

:D.....the Triumph is the first and only boat I've ever owned. I bought it because I figured I should get one that I couldn't hurt too badly. And sure enough, I gouged it a couple times early on while trying to dock, and I quickly learned how easy it was to repair (also quickly learned how to handle it around the docks:)). The only mods I've done to mine are a dashboard in the console to flush-mount the instruments, some lighting mods (LEDs), and I recently installed a hydraulic jack-plate, because the motor was riding too deep in the water, even when installed at its highest position.

It appears to me, from looking at the specs on your 186SC, that it shares the hull with the 195. It appears to be basically the same as the 191FS that preceded it.

Same reason I bought this one. The waters I fish are ruthless- Lake Bitter in SD, Missouri river to indicate a few of the worst. I chose this over a Lund. Once we were beat up pretty good on Bitter with some wild swells in a Crestliner it was pretty hairy. Was on a Pontoon got caught in really tough water on Glen Elder Lake Waconda in KS. I selected Triumph because I thought it would not beat the living heck out of us on adverse water conditions. As well the outcome if I ran into underground structure. Boomerang tested last week and said it topped 45-50 MPH pretty easily. Thank you for your feedback Lighting is a big one of interest cause I would like to see inside the boat well without flashlight or spot into accessory. I really would like to illuminate around the boat with Red led not necessarily underwater but illumination 2-3 ft out or better from boat.

Just asked the dealer to install 3 SeaBlazeX Green in transom.

:eek: That's a G-note, easily.... Oh, what the heck.....it's only money :D

Up to you...I installed mine. https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/new-underwater-lights.8329/

But three of 'em is around $1200 just for the lights. Not sure what they'll want for labor. If it were me, I would do the installation myself. I have a problem with trust.....not sure what kind of job anyone else would do. I'm that way with all my toys. The lights are a solid hunk of brass, and they do not sit flush on the rounded transom. So you have to tighten the screws in such a way that the light will have a fairly even gap all the way around, and there has to be plenty of elastomeric sealant all over the mounting surface of the light, along with a good bead all the way around the edge to ensure that you have it well sealed against any water intrusion.

So it all depends on how well you know your dealer, and how confident you are in his abilities and the care he'll take with the job, and also how well you know your own abilities.

Last edited:
You have done a nice job there. Based on the rounded Transom maybe I should do them. Any challenges with access and wire fishing?

Back