Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Okay, fishing report. Had boat prepped and reay tio go by 2:30am. partner over sleeps depart @ 6:am :( Found the fleet over by the flats in mexican waters hoping to hook up on white seabass and occasionly a wondering yellowtail. We joined fasionably late. No one seem to being bent, we hung out for 2 hours and called it, and went patti hopping. Found 4 patties first two were empty. the next two were hold yellowtails but they did not want to play, well I guess they did, they would hit the bait run for about 1 second and spit out the bait. this was wierd, I have never seen that behavior before. So we called it and headed in around 5pm.
Now for the trim tab report: After we launched and while my partner was parking and cleaaning the trailer, I took the boat out into the bay. Opened her up and was on plain within 3 seconds. HUGE difference. next test top end speed 36 mph (my top end by myself is about 39, with a full crew is about 35)a loss of about 3 mph Next test did a hard bank, she stayed on plain, where as before the stern would dig in. Next test pick up partner and fill bait tank with water and bait, adding an additional 500+ pounds. Again opened her up and on plain still within 3 seconds. NICE!!:D Top end was 33 mph a loss of about 2 mph. Next test the swells, before when the swells were at my back, the engine would bogg way down and I would loose 5-10 mph. Now she stayed on plain and I lost only about 2-3 mph. WAY COOL. Next test fuel results. I went 71 miles, I put in 21.985 with the results of 3.229 mpg a loss of .271 I CAN LIVE WITH THAT.:) Fuel test will vary depending on the sea conditions, this day was moderate seas with 2-3 foot swells. Now I did notice during the trip back that I was doing a bit of nose plowing, I did not catch this because I was sitting down, once I stood up, I noticed and corrected, If I had noticed this earlier, perhaps my mpg would of been better. again new tabs, new trim to learn. OVERALL I LOVE THEM, THE TESTS RESULTS WERE OUTSTANDING. wish I did this earlier. :)

Thats good news. I have always thought that every boat should be equipped with trim tabs. I know it would add quite a bit to the price of the boat, but few people add those later on as it is a costly job...

Back