AstroDiver

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Menlo
State
GA
Well, I'll be leaving November 19th and heading down to the FL Keys with my boat for a week of diving and photographing the fishies. Does anyone in the group live down there?

Nope,

Wish I did though :)

Just make sure you take the time to stop in and visit World Wide Sportsman on purple island (Islamorada) for it is the coolest and my personal favorite little tackle shop in this part of the Galaxy :D

So where are you headed? Oh and make sure your fire up the Spanish Guitar tunes when you hit jump onto 1 for the full Ole Spanish Florida effect :cool:

Enjoy your trip!
Dave

Keys trip

Well, we finally found a place to stay that is reasonable. The Blue Fin Inn in Islamorada. There is a public boat ramp 7 miles South of the Motel.
A living area, two rooms and a kitchenette. Not bad for $60 a night. Friday will be $75 and who knows why?
I think we will be diving from Islamorada and North of there up to Key Largo. Ocean and Bay sides. For the deep dives, for safety, we will going with dive operators.
Putershark, I've been to that place. I have a brass hook in a hat I bought from there many years ago. It's bad about snagging on things.
I'll be waving as we go by Osprey, FL on the way down. We may be stopping in the area for an overnight to break up the trip.

AstroDiver, if you do plan on stopping close to Osprey, please let us know. We would like to meet you, share at least a beverage, talk about our boats, etc.

Please e-mail me when you have your plans set. I know there is a gun show in Lakeland on the 19th and 20th, but only going over for part of one day, not spending the night for sure. If driving going South doesn't work, maybe going North will. We have nothing on our calendar for that week or the next weekend, as of now. Being retired, there is no telling what will be going on by then.

Yea, we'll be coming by on Saturday on the way down. I need to stop by a Triumph dealer to pick up some the Rule sealant since I don't have a dealer anymore in GA.
We are going to split up our trip since our hotel won't be ready for us untill Sunday afternoon. We'll be staying at the State Park near your place.
I'll be grabbing some of the Geocaches that are near by too.

It’s been a long time...but did you ever get another boat? Mine was destroyed in a fire when my friend’s truck caught fire under my open carport in July 2016 while I was on vacation out West. I miss that boat.
Take care,
John ‘AstroDiver’

Back