Hello from Maine

mainah

Registered Member
Hello All from Down East.

I was very happy to find this great site. It's a heckuva resource for Triumph owners.

We bought a 2001 Logic 186 with a 115 hp Johnson 2 stroke from BFC Marine in Bath, Maine in late August of this year. The boast was a trade in for an upgrade and is in great shape. Since we live in Gardiner, a ways up the Kennebec River, we decided to dock it in Richmond rather than trailer it.

Our 186 has some of the warts discussed in these forums but they're all pretty minor when it comes to influence on performance and satisfaction. The scuppers back up when she's stern heavy but the golf balls take care of it if necessary. Water leaks through the gray panels into the bilge but the bilge pump easily takes care of it, especially if I leave the bow up a bit as we leave the harbor. We're very pleased with it.

With two people, more than 30 gallons of fuel and an admittedly unreliable speedo to measure she planes out at about 3300 RPM/22 MPH and tops out at 38+. It's just perfect for these rivers and the rocky coast beyond. We love it!

And, thanks to Roplene, at five years old it's still the brightest, nicest looking boat at the dock.

Glad you found us. Lots of information here to help - and that equals a lot to learn. Jump in here any time, and pictures always welcome.

Welcome mainah and thanks for the comments about the website. It makes all the work worthwhile to hear that folks benefit from the shared information and ideas here. :cool:

I ordered a new 215cc from BFC Marine. I should be geting it next spring. Look for me on the kennebec river or some of my secret fishing spots around small point. SSSHHHH.
Good luck with the boat I'm sure your gonna love it.

M I M

Bought my 2006 215 last spring and fished around small point quite a bit when I hauled the boat south from the county. Thats a great boat to ge get the stripers with.

I know what you mean by being the cleanest boat, My boat gets real dusty sitting here in the east county of San Diego....just a squirt of water and she looks like new...and she is going on 5 years old now.

Representation

A friend with an 01 Logic 170 DC and I were talking last night about the increased number of Triumph owners up here and representation on this site. One reason may be the fact that there are few soft groundings off this coast. :rolleyes:

Back