Help 2007 Yamaha F150 Problem

paulsonwj

Registered Member
City
Jacksonville
Ok I start the motor it idles fine, when I go to get up on plane the motor bogs then stalls. I primed the fuel line and then it ran fine. Once I got back on the trailer I pulled the cowling off then primed the the bulb again and I noticed fuel leaking around the fuel filter / water seperator bowl. Obviously if that can leak fuel out, and can draw air in. Could this be the problem with the engine stalling? Also I removed the bowl checked the o-ring re seated it and tightned it back up made sure it wasnt cross threaded and locked down the retaining clip. Help me please

Jesse

I'm new to outboards, but I've messed around with a Seadoo jetboat for about a year...one day I couldn't get her up on plane. She'd start to accelerate as I gave her throttle, the RPMs would rise, then she'd stall...she'd idle and plow along off plane fine, but as soon as I tried to raise the RPMs, she'd die. Finally, I happened to notice the main-off-reserve fuel knob had rotated two-thirds of the way to "off".

Oooops...flick of the wrist and off I went.

So yep...I'd guess your fuel leak is giving enough for idle, but when you open her up, she leans out too far and stalls. Either way, even if it's NOT the stalling problem, getting rid of the gas leak is a gotta-do.

I had a pin hole leak in my fuel line and I had the same symptoms, you didn't mention whether you're smelling fuel, I did. Get 'er fix and it should be fine.

Back