Yamaha 115F engine stall

mssrusso

Registered Member
City
Riverview
Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone out there has had this problem with the 07 190 bay with a Yam 115F.

I am having a problem with my engine stalling when I let off the throttle quickly down to idle speed when I want to quickly stop the boat. Then I put the gear in neutral and it cranks right back up and it may run good again all day long. This happens less than 10% of the time. My engine only has about 55 hrs on it. As instructed by my local dealer I checked the fuel/water seperator filter and it had no water in it. I am also going to double check there is no kinks in the fuel line. I was also told that when I bought the boat that the dealer removed a fuel line check valve that would stick occasionally on some boats.

I looked in the manual and one thing to check was the fuel tank air vent screw. If I remember correctly the 190 has a auto venting tank, but I am not sure.

I don't think its bad gas as this has been happening for some time after a few fill ups from different gas stations.

Before I take my boat to the dealer for a day of troubleshooting an intermittent issue that they may not see on the day I take it I wanted to check everything I could in hope of finding an obvious problem.

mssrusso,
Maybe its just set too low at idle speed. Has it ever cut off when you put it in gear from neutral? Good luck on finding the fix.
John D.

Not that I can recall. I don't ever remember it stalling when at the ramp. At a busy ramp I often have to shift forward and reverse many times to stay clear of other boats.

Thanks

MSSRUSSO,
Try runnig some PRI-G fuel stabilizer in your fuel for a while. It will do more than stabilize your fuel. I always use star-tron and ring-free in my fuel.I hear good reviews about PRI-G and I think I'll switch over when I run out of Star-Tron. You can look them up on the internet.
John D.

MSSRUSSO,

My dealer said that I should use both PRI-G and Star-Tron at all times because of carbon build up from E10 fuels.

Jim

Back