Hi again and HHEELPP Suzuki DF 60 Lower Unit

McSpadden

Participating Member
City
Panama City
Hi Everyone,

It has been so long since I posted I thought I would reintroduce myself, along with the ulterior motive of not being sure where to put this post. I finally got back on the water last weekend, been working to hard, and busted my lower unit. I have a 1999 Suzuki DF 60. Have searched quite a bit on line and there does not appear to be any available.

A new one from Suzuki cost about $2400.00, think I will replace a 9 year old motor before I go that route. Anyway, anybody got any ideas? Dick, can you get me a better deal on a new one? I have not been able to get on the water much this year but it is killing me knowing I am down to the Wave Runner, darn hard to fish off one of them!!!

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited:
Hey McSpadden,
Welcome back! Glad to hear from you again. Sorry about the lower unit but you may not have many options other than dropping the $$ for a new one or repowering altogether. Shop around you may be able to find a better price for the repairs.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Tight lines.

Thanks

Howdy Cagrove,

Yeah, I have pretty much resigned myself to a re power, not to bad a thing anyway, I am not the kind of guy who puts up with a boat that doesn't crank and run great. Problem is this one did, I had the one issue with the hole corroding around the number 4 piston on the head, right after I got the boat. It had seen 100% salt up to then, I tore it down, had a guy repair repair the head, cleaned all the water ports and the thing has hummed since.

All right dealers, Here is my order of preference, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki. Not really interested in anything else, I don't need an anchor so please don't mention Mercury to me. Heh Heh.

I thought about going with a HP this time but I loved how that 60 performed in all aspects including fuel economy. Man it sipped the fuel. Four Strokes only. Someone shoot me a deal. I need the motor, controls, and installation. Could use my Controls on a Suzuki but would like new. While were dreaming might as well replace the steering and throttle cables.

Lets see, Honey how much money did you say you had in the piggy bank?

Have a great one, I will try to remain more active in the forums but it has been all I can do to get on the water.

Dave

Dave,

This is Chad Merritt with Merritt Marine. I have some super savings on all my 08's right now. Engines and all, please give me a call here at the shop. 919-732-7377

Hope that you have a great day.

Chad

Not really interested in anything else, I don't need an anchor so please don't mention Mercury to me. Heh Heh.

Now there you went and did it...I was going to offer to trade you straight up my fine running anchor of a Merc for your busted up Zuke but since you don't like Mercs, I won't even bother. Maybe you can make a nice planter out our your Zuke when you repower!! :D:D

Take care and keep in touch.

I knew that was going to get me in trouble,

But I just couldn't resist!!! Why do we weave such tangled webs!!!

Have a great one and I will "See Ya On the Water" Soon I hope.

Dave

Back