Hi! New '07 215 CC Owner in SoCal

Surfingbuddhist

Registered Member
City
Santa Monica
Hi everyone! Just took delivery of my first boat this Saturday. Took her out Sunday morning and very happy with the ride. Launched out of MDR and ran up to Pt. Dume fishing along the way. She handled the swell & wind very well. Glass boat owners don't know what they're missing.

The only negative thing I found about the boat is the darn scuppers! Didn't get tons of water when anchored, but enough that the bilge came on every 10 minutes or so. I've read up on all the scupper options and plugs here. Going to change the SeaDog Scuppers to the Seachoice Self Bailing Scupper (ping pong ball style) first and see if that helps.

Glad to be part of the club!

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the 215! Fine boat! :cool:

Welcome aboard the ping pong ball type still get water which bugged me, so I just stick the pool plugs I bought in while fishing, and then take them out when I return to my spot so the rain water will run out. (keep my boat in the water)

i have 2006 215 (made in dec so very close to a 2007) i have had it for 2 months now i have been caught in 2 severe thunderstorms with 30 mile an hour winds and huge waves 6 to 7 footers even took one over the bow the 1st time i was pretty scared but the last time i was confident that the plastic boat would come out of it just fine. great ride easy on the back and knees a pleasure to trailer and drop in the water i mean what else can you ask for in a boat i am (so far) very impressed and pleased with my boat so enjoy your 215 i know i sure am .. and welcome aboard (even though i am new as well!)

First off, Welcome aboard Surf,
Now, about those scuppers.......
I think they should find the designer that is responsible for the scuppers on the Triumph and make him stand in a drifting triumph swamped in ankle high water for a week.......50 miles offshore with sharks circling, and the bilge pumps failing. Then send him out to teach all the other engineers that design small boats, without ever being on one, to stop putting scuppers on small vessels with decks at or below the waterline.
All they are is a marketing ploy........"See, we have those water draining thingys just like the bigger boats".
Whadda ya gonna do.......

Last edited:
I like mine because I'm lazy and I can leave it unattended for weeks until it gets all yucky and mildewy........ and then a quick 30 minutes with some soap and bleach and it looks new again. Plus it's just not that miserable Gel-Coat......heh heh....12 years of NO WAXing .....yay ;)

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to future discussions with the community here.

HHHMMMMMMmmmm I just dont get it?? I dont have any issues with my scuppers. AM I JUST THE LUCKY ONE?? :rolleyes:

Back