Home waters

ReelDive

Participating Member
City
Chipley
Dove Stage II, a navy training platform dismantled by navy divers in 1984, and The Black Bart, an oil field supply boat sunk as a dive site 3 mi from the pass. took these pic's while on my 3 min safty stop

Attachments

• Moon Jelly.jpg
    Moon Jelly.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Ramora.jpg
    Ramora.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 37
I like the fish picture....Hey ever do dives deeper than 100 feet?? I have been as deep as 136' on regular air, ( NOT MUCH BOTTOM TIME)I hang a tank over the side with an octopus at 15-20 feet for safty stops. I do not regular do deep dives, but accasionally I do, that safety stop tank sure comes in handy

Try to keep a conservitive profile but have done quite a few 100+, some local but most on Caribbean wall dives. The most spectacular was a drift dive off Elbow Cay on the west side of Cay Sal Banks The wall there starts at 90 ft. and viz is 200+. Leslie , my wife,did 112' beat me by 2' at 110'. Two dives that day with 3 hr topside to off gas. Got some good pic's on that one. Not very often that you can get enough light at those depths. It was Air on both dives. a total of 42 min bottom time and yes our computers were well into the yellow. Bought some time by comming up to 50' on the back of the dive.

Back