Howdy, new 170DC owner checking in

N

Nate Haler

Picked up a 2002 (new, just leftover after dealership stopped carrying Triumph) with a (also new, 2002 vintage) Yamaha F60 on an EZ Loader trailer.

Is it just me, or did Triumph color-coordinate their hull striping with the Yamaha motor? :D

I'm in the SF East Bay area of California, where the roads seem to be incredibly bad now that a trailer magnifies every bump and rut. Shame on CalTrans -- where do our tax dollars go?

The low maintenance aspect of this boat is very appealing, but until I drive it, I guess I won't know its best feature -- fun and utility.

See you on the delta and in the various local lakes and possibly the bay if I bring somebody along who knows the water.

Nate,

I also have a 170DC with a 60 Yamaha, you're going to love the boat. Congratulations and welcome to the site.

I checked and apparently there was a problem with a batch of rubrails that the factory received from the vendor. Replacement is covered under warranty as I understand it. So if you have blue rub rail that is turning green contact your dealer so they can order a replacement from the factory. :)

suitekids said:
That blue rubrail that matches yamaha color unfortunately seems to turn to a mint green color in time, must be a photo reactive color in the rubber, but as long as it works and stays on we are happy.

Back