Proud New Owner of a 2002 Bumper Boat, er, ahhh Cool Bay

Valvguy1

Registered Member
City
PRAIRIEVILLE
Hello Everyone,

Tomorrow I take possesion of the new (to me) 2002 Cool Bay with 2002 Suzuki DF140. I have to say that I was a little bit leery of the Logic/Triumph boats. After seeing the boat I spent the next 6 hours and 8 hours the following day researching the boat on this site. I became more and more comfortable with the idea of a "Plastic Boat". A few days later we had the opportunity to take a test ride and the boat perfomed flawlessly. It was such a departure from our not so humoursly boat nicknamed the NadRattler. It is a former New Orleans Rescue Boat - basically it is a 21 foot Aluminum Flat Boat complete with a Fantail and T-Top welded on at Tax Payer Expense no doubt. My wife, son, dog and I fish the Grand Isle, LA area for trout, flounder and redfish. Even a 1 foot chop on the bays had my son and I "holding em" and my dog burying his head under my wife's arm. When we took our test ride we looked like a jet ski hunting for a wake. Try as we might we could not get our boat to pound when crossing the ski boats wakes.

One thing I do find interesting about Triumph boats and their owners....... it appears to me that more than any other boat owner group the Triumph owners enjoy tinkering with their boats. I thought that I wanted to buy a boat that I could just fish out of and not have to worry about a lot of different projects on the boat. NOW, I can't wait to start with the MODS.

Mod #1 was the purchase of a Edson Pro Series Power Knob. It's just waiting in the truck to be installed.

Mod #2 will be the "wife mandated" Stereo/CD. Hope that thing will P/U Talk Radio.

Mod #3 will be replacement/fix of the non functioning Bildge Pump.

And now........... for the questions....... the manual that I got with the boat seems to be a terribly generic NMMA Pub with no Triumph Specific Info. How can I go about getting a 2002 Cool Bay manual? I didn't see one on here although I seem to remember a post where somebody was offering to email one. Bildge Pump - the previous owner told me that the pump "turns on" every once in a while and "looks" for water. He hadn't been able to turn it on for a while and "rekons" (cause that's how the some people talk here) that it has a blown fuse or something. Do ya rekon this is a Rulematic type pump? Also....... on the switch panel....... below the switches their are little nipple looking things. I thought that they were circuit breakers but they don't appear to have anything inside that would actuate a breaker. Maybe when a breaker blows something pops out into the nipple. I don't know - manual sure would have been handy.

Anyway......... looking forward to "coming in a littlle too hot to the dock" like some of you guys. Please feel free to help me spend my money on "Must Have" Mods. Illogical - as the former owner of a Cool Bay I'm sure you can load me up with Cool Mods.

Ya see........ I knew when I bought that Harbor Freight Plastic Welder 5 years ago I would need it some day.............. and she says I have a Bright Orange Workshop full of useless tools. Women........... they sure can be shortsighted, LOL.

Memory Makers....

Congrats on the "new" ride. Sounds like you found a keeper. I'm sure you won't need any help spending your $$ when you get around to outfitting her for your personal style of use. But, just in case, here's a few generic ideas (in no particular order):

1) Trolling motor
2) Good fish/depth finder.
3) GPS
4) VHF radio
5) Lure racks
6) Drink holders
7) Extra Rod holders
8) Spare Bilge Pump
9) Swim Platform
10) On-board battery charger

Again, congrats on the boat and we're glad you found us. Lot's of pictures please.

Tight lines.

Welcome aboard, hope you and the family make many fine memories on her.

welcome

Dude welcome to the board.
Like you, I had a skiff that didnt handle large water. My 190 laughs at the wakes.
Have fun!
Lindsay

Back