Proud New 215cc Owner

S

SOCALFISHERMAN

:D WELL IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND IHAVE PURCHASED A BRAND NEW 215 CC FULLY LOADED. DEFINTELY A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME. I WOULD LIKE TO GET TO KNOW SOME OF YOU GUYS AND DO SOME FISHING. THE ONLY THING I DONT HAVE ON MY BOAT IS A TROLLING MOTOR AND WAS LOOKING FOR SOME SUGGESTION ON EXACTLY HOW TO DO THIS. I THOUGHT ABOUT THE ENGINE MOUNT ONE FROM MINNKOTA BUT IM LOOKING TO SEE IF I HAVE A DIFFERENT ROUTE. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED AND THANKS IN ADVANCE. IM GOING TO RUN HER OUT TO CATALINA THIS SUNDAY IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. I HAVE RADAR GPS FISHFINDER AND ALL THE OTHER GOODIES TO GET ME THERE AND BACK. ANYWAY FISH ON.

FISH ON
SOCALFISHERMAN:cool:

Congratulations on your new boat. Pictures, especially of your add ons, are always welcome.

Congratulations SOCALFisherman! We'd definitely love to see some pictures of your 215 and electronics setup. Regarding trolling motor, I've been very interested in the Lenco Marine Trolling Tabs system. Because we use our boat for sking with the kids in addition to fishing, I haven't gone that route (I don't think you could have the swim platform with the trolling tabs). But they sure look like a cool solution. Others may have experience with specific trolling motor solutions that they can speak to.

I also just put my money down on a new 2006 215CC. I live in Corona and I am new to boating.

Where are you going to drop her in the water?

Bill

Welcome to the site Bill. Hope you like your new boat as much as our family liks ours. We like our boat the more we use her. Please post some pictures when possible.

BigDogBill said:
I also just put my money down on a new 2006 215CC. I live in Corona and I am new to boating.

Where are you going to drop her in the water?

Bill
HI LAUNCH OUT OF OCEANSIDE, DANA POINT MISSION BAY AND SHELTER ISLAND. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHERE THE FISH ARE BITING. HEY IF YOU ARE EVER UP TO IT LETS GO DO SOME FISHIN'.

Outstanding. As soon as I get the boat (in about a week and a half now - counting the hours at this point!) I will let you know where we plan to launch it. I am new to boating so I am most likely going to put in the water near Long Beach the first couple times so I can get used to piloting it. Once I get enough time under my belt (within the first week!) we can surely do some fishing! Basically my whole family is patiently waiting for me to get the boat and put it in the water.

Bill

Back