New 150cc Owner

Freejaybrd

Registered Member
City
Jacksonville
JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW THIS WEB PAGE HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL. I JUST BOUGHT A NEW 150 LOGIC WITH YAMAHA 50 TWOSTROKE AND HAVE BASICALLY BEEN PLEASED, ALTHOUGH I JUST NOW HAVE 11 HOURS ON THE MOTOR SO THERES STILL PLENTY OF TIME FOR SOMETHING TO GO WRONG! SO FAR THE ONLY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN THE STRAPS ON THE LIVE BAIT WELL...THEY REALLY COULD HAVE COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER, MINE ARE ALREADY STARTING TO TEAR, AND ALSO MY RAISED TRIUMPH LETTERS ARE STARTING TO COME UP AT THE CORNERS BUT i PLAN ON LETTING THE DEALERSHIP FIX THIS NEXT WEEK WHEN I BRING THE BOAT IN FOR ITS FIRST SCHEDULED CHECKUP. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT KIND OF PERFORMANCE IM SUPPOSE TO GET FROM MY YAMAHA 50? IM 230 POUNDS AND I HAVE TO BRING MY RPMS TO 4500 BEFORE THE BOAT COMES UP ON PLANE, IS THIS NORMAL? ALSO MY TOP SPEED IS JUST THIRTY MPH NOMATTER HOW i TRIM THE ENGINE. ANY ADVISE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

It sounds about right, what's thae numbers on your prop?

My 150 will give me just about 30 with just me ( I'm a little feller too at 265), fishing gear and a few fish, I'm runnin an 11 x 11 5/8 on a Yamaha 40.

I also have one of those Hydro fins on the lower unit The fin will get you out of the hole a bit quicker and save you a bit on fuel as you can plain at a lower rpm.

Make sure you have a good water fuel seperating filter on your boat with a ten micron element (I use a Raycor) And I also use Star Tron fuel stabilizer (The one for Diesel) and either Seafoam or Ring free all the time at one oz per ten gallons I swear by the stuff when you are using E10 fuel.

Other opinions about it may differ with mine but I swear by it and it keeps the boat out of the shop and running.

I have a 2007 150CC with the Yamaha 50, 2 stroke. Your performance sounds about same a we get. We usually run with with two of us and start out with a full fuel tank, fishing gear, etc. When we both sit on the console seat, you really have to give it the power to get up on a plane, after that it cruises right along. According to the GPS we get up to 34 mph. Although, we usually run about 25 mph, fuel consumption is better! The motor has the factory prop 11.4X12.

My raised letters are coming off the boat too, The "H" is gone on the starboard side and alot of the other letters are loose at the edges. Not sure if I'll get them fixed or just take them off.

I Guess Im A Small Fry At 190 Pounds. My 150 With A 50 Yamaha 4 Stroke Gets Goiing In A Hurry And I Do About 37 At Wot.

This might help

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_1103_200002007_200000000_200002000_200-2-7

75664.jpg

I use the 300 series and have been quite happy with it.

Question

Hello:

This afternoon, I bought a used 2006 Triumph 150CC which came with 50 HP Yamaha 4 stroke. I am not sure what that wing looking thing is called but I have an identical wing in the exact same spot (right over the propeller) on my 50 HP Yamaha 4 stroke, too. The guy who sold me the boat told me that after I give some gas, I should push the "up" botton on the trim tab for about 2 seconds the level off the boat. It was a very windy day today so our test run did not last long. Anyways, my question is: do you mess with that trim button as you give gas?
Before the Triumph, I had a 25 HP Suzuki 4 stroke (pull start) and it was an old boat which had a completely different design than the Triumph. I am new to center console and the triumph I got came with all the bells & whistles by the way (underwater lights, stereo system with amplifier, Garmin 441 GPS/depth finder combo unit, inside lights, 2 seats on each side in the back, bimini-top, and bow cushion, as well. I CAN'T wait to take my 150cc out there and make some runs whenever the wind calms down!!! -:)
Oh yes, also, is it true that 150cc powered by 2006 Yamaha 4 stroke 50HP can go about 32-33 miles an hour with 3 adults on board?
My only concern is whether this boat is underpowered with 2006 Yamaha 4 stroke 50HP...

Thank you in advance for your valuable feedback.

Sincerely,

Ray

I Guess Im A Small Fry At 190 Pounds. My 150 With A 50 Yamaha 4 Stroke Gets Goiing In A Hurry And I Do About 37 At Wot.

Do you have have the fins on yours?

Also, how stable is this boat, does it rock a lot when it gets a little chopy?

Thanks.

Hi there:

It's me again -:)
I am thinking about getting clamp on stainless steel rod holders for my Triumph 150 cc but I am not sure about the brand and the size of the clamp. As much as I like everything about this boat so far, it only has 2 rod holders right behind the Bimini-top boots and that is NOT convenient! I would like to clamp them on to the arm rests (which is basically a medal tube) of the back seats (1 on each side). If you could recommend a brand and the size I should get, I would HIGHLY appreciate it.
Thank you ALL!

R-

Prop size?

Hello:

Can somone tell me what the prop size is on a 2006 Yamaha 50 HP 4 stroke, please?

Thank you in advance!

Miamiheat

Back