New Triumph 170 CC Owner

Rsaxton

Registered Member
State
DE
Hello everyone! My name is Rusty and I just purchased my first Triumph, a 2007 170 CC with just 190 hours on the original Yamaha 50 2-stroke.

The boat had been owned by the same family since new and was kept on a boat lift and stored under cover. Overall condition is like new. I had been doing some research on the Triumph’s and was looking for a smaller Center Console to handle the skinny water in the back bays where I live in Lewes, DE. I’ve picked up a lot of valuable information from your forum already and am looking forward to learning more.

Welcome Aboard!
Those old Yamaha 2 strokes are as strong as death! Just run them on a quality synthetic 2 stroke oil (Like Amsoil) and it will run better and cleaner, and not foul plugs as easy when running long periods of (mostly) idle ;)

Some StarTron in the tank, will also go a long ways in helping clean up and keeping cylinder deposits down.

Enjoy!
Dave

Welcome Aboard!
Those old Yamaha 2 strokes are as strong as death! Just run them on a quality synthetic 2 stroke oil (Like Amsoil) and it will run better and cleaner, and not foul plugs as easy when running long periods of (mostly) idle ;)

Some StarTron in the tank, will also go a long ways in helping clean up and keeping cylinder deposits down.

Enjoy!
Dave

Welcome aboard Rusty. Congratulations on the 170! :cool:

Hello everyone! My name is Rusty and I just purchased my first Triumph, a 2007 170 CC with just 190 hours on the original Yamaha 50 2-stroke.

The boat had been owned by the same family since new and was kept on a boat lift and stored under cover. Overall condition is like new. I had been doing some research on the Triumph’s and was looking for a smaller Center Console to handle the skinny water in the back bays where I live in Lewes, DE. I’ve picked up a lot of valuable information from your forum already and am looking forward to learning more.
Welcome. You will love the boat. I have a 17 ft 2002 Sportsman with an after market center console and a poling platform. I just put a new 60hp Honda on it and the performance is terrific. However, after trying to ignore my 75th birthday, crawling up on a poling platform is a fast track to the emergency room or worse. Consequently I’d like to sell the poling platform. I bought it used from Merritt. Apparently early in Triumph‘s history they had a flats version of the 17’ center console. If you or any readers of the post are interested in the platform, please contact me through this post
Ron818

Welcome. You will love the boat. I have a 17 ft 2002 Sportsman with an after market center console and a poling platform. I just put a new 60hp Honda on it and the performance is terrific. However, after trying to ignore my 75th birthday, crawling up on a poling platform is a fast track to the emergency room or worse. Consequently I’d like to sell the poling platform. I bought it used from Merritt. Apparently early in Triumph‘s history they had a flats version of the 17’ center console. If you or any readers of the post are interested in the platform, please contact me through this post
Ron818
Hi Ron,
Better spot to post your sale of the Poling Platform (highly recommend some pictures also) would be here:

Best,
Dave

Back