Insurance Deals?

Hello Guys. Its me again reading older posts looking for good information which I find due to your research and experience. As you know I am a new Triumph owner ( less than one month) and I am researching boat insurance. I working with my current company Liberty Mutual and I am wondering if there are better companies out there for boat insurance? What is the latest word from you veteran Triumph owners on dealing with boat insurance? Is Progressive the winner? I live in Southeast Georgia.

I have Progressive through USAA ( USAA contracts other companies for any insurance other than auto) and the policy cost $254/yr. The only other company I checked was BoatUS and it was $100 higher. Of course, it also depends on where you live. For instance, I think Florida is usually higher than Texas.

I know I'm a little late for this party, but have you checked out BoatUS for insurance? I switched from Progressive and I saved about $ 100 a month. Just food for thought.

My 12 month/year coverage in MA using BoatUS is $274 and of course there is the annual BoatUS membership fee, $135. I don't think you can beat this especially when you considered the "free" towing when/if you boat dies while out on the water. The Unlimited coverage takes care of you 20 miles out (I think).

My cost, and I don't know if it's a location thing, but I'm paying less than $200 and the unlimited towing was worth the price because they towed me once over 40 miles.

Back