I've FOUND IT! The Holy Grail in cleaning mildew streaks on Vinyl!!!

How'd it go Barry?

I want to give it a try this weekend.

Tried it three times, no difference. I'll try bleach next.

Well that sucks Barry. Wonder why it works for some and not all? Glad I didnt buy something I havent needed in 25 years. :)

How do I get the Rear bolsters off my 215 for complete cleaning? I don't how the back of the bolster is attached to the hull.
Thanks, Nick

If there like the side bolsters, there is a drain hole on the bottom. You need a Phillips screw driver num 2 angle it up any can either see the screw head or feel it. Un screw them and then lift straight up on the bolster.

You can purchase white nylon thread for exterior use and heavy duty needles from a sail shop or leather (Tack) shop. I repaired some seams that way. Just thread in the already existing holes to re-assembly the cushions.

If your's are similar to the 195 side bolsters. Wrapped & stapled on the back side of a support board Remove staples any Automotive Upholstery Shop (trim shop) can restitch/ resew. Re-install using staple gun

Thanks, tried Roll-Off tonight for the first time. Works great on a lot of stains, but not the black mildew or rust. Just stopped by Walmart and picked up 3 of these!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

@nocturn you are SO right, that stuff made our Duck look brand new! Thanks so much!

@nocturn you are SO right, that stuff made our Duck look brand new! Thanks so much!

Awesome dude. They have a newer Outdoor version that holds up better.

Let me first start off by saying in 30+ years of boating, I have tried every bloody mildew and mold vinyl cleaner out there including organic, biodegradable, chemical, detergent and degreasers....EVERYTHING! To this day, the best two combos Ive used have been the ole' Soft Scrub + White Pad + copious amounts of elbow grease method (thanks to 16 years in the Coast Guard and endless amounts of 41' & 44' rub rails) and the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser + Copious amounts of elbow grease method. Both work well but both share a common denominator that I've been running low on as I age....yep, you guessed it. :D

Well yesterday I swung by my local orange and white bigbox hardware store to pick up some yard trash bags. While in the cleaner section, I noticed a "new" box where my beloved Mr. Clean Magic Eraser's once were. They are the"Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Bathroom Scrubbers with Secret Cleaning Solution for Soap Scum Fighting and More!!!"

Curious, so I grab a box and I'm on my way.

I get home, open the box and realize these arent your typical Magic Erasers. They are larger, corrugated, smell fancy and foam up big time with the "Cleaning Solution". Great. Do they work??? Holy Carp, do they!!! :D

I immediately went over to the 215 and started to scrub on the pesky black mildew/mold streaks I cant seem to ever truly get rid of. In ONLY 3 passes with the pad with medium pressure, the streaks were COMPLETELY gone! No scrubbing for 30 seconds back and forth, no letting the solution sit for a minute and potentially letting it dry and ruin the vinyl, no "matting" the simi-gloss finish on the vinyl....nada!

FANTASTIC!

Make SURE you get the ones made for cleaning the bathroom, not the regular ones. The cleaning solution + the new, more durable larger eraser combo is what makes it impressive. The new eraser is so durable I was able to scrub every vinyl cushion and bolster (fishing pkg) on the 215, the bumpers on my truck and the seat and Helm (;))on my mower.

Enjoy more time on the water.

:rolleyes:
I had just purchased a 2007 215 CC, which of all the Triumph CCs I had looked into since March, mine shown the worst staining on potions of the bow ,stern and coaming bolsters. I suspect the noticeable yellowing and brown staining may have been caused by trapping condensation when covering the boat while it remained in the water in the Chesapeake Bay VA area for a couple off- seasons.. Putershark viewing the post had directed me to this thread enabling me to view your dated post. Thank you your thorough and completed recommendation. BTW, thank you for your service; and having my Father growing up in and majority of family still residing in Groton, the USCGA since childhood has always been near to my Heart. Albeit, in earlier times I am certain the USCG 295' Eagle had given you the much needed experience in tackling your later 41'-44"

Good to hear @wilram.

I've also started using "Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce" after I clean the vinyl cushions and bolsters. The stuff is great for hydrating the vinyl. 3-4 squirts on a microfiber cloth and rub it in.

Another cleaning tip:

At HD, in the HVAC deptment, they sell a "AC Foaming Coil Cleaner" in a large blue and white spray can. It has a scrubbie cap on it like a upholstery cleaner for your car. I cant recall who makes it but look for the blue/can.

This stuff will clean just about anything you spray it on. I degrease both my boat and car/truck engines, my grill, my turkey fryer, my daughters bike, my fishing reels, Coils in truck radiator and my outside AC condenser unit....everything that has grease or dirt on it. You dont need to lift a finger and scrub at all. Just spray it on whatever, let sit for 2 minutes and blast with a hose.

Just thought I'd throw that out there also.
Good to hear @wilram.

I've also started using "Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce" after I clean the vinyl cushions and bolsters. The stuff is great for hydrating the vinyl. 3-4 squirts on a microfiber cloth and rub it in.
Many thanks for your prompt reply. FYI, my newly purchased boat is at a Chesapeake Bay Marina awaiting my CT>NC journey..

Back