License Plate Relocation

Dustoff '68

Participating Member
City
Norfolk
I have noticed a number of license tags on trailers that are mangled and virtually unreadable due to the location of the tag, which is, to say the least, quite low (a few inches from the ground)...anyone relocate the tags so that they are out of harms way, and still visible...pictures would help. Thanks in advance.

I Left mine in the same place but rather than using bolts I use 150 pound strength zip ties. this keeps the plate down when driving but if it hits something it swings up instead of bending.

(I Left mine in the same place but rather than using bolts I use 150 pound strength zip ties. this keeps the plate down when driving but if it hits something it swings up instead of bending. )
Now thats the kind of HighTec I can use, seriously

Thanks for the responses...I found the solution on another boating forum...there is a bracket that attaches to the trailer guide poles (for those who have 'em) that locates the tag at approximately eye level.:)

I know that here in illinois you HAVE to have a light shining on the license plate on a car. not sure if the same is for the trailer but its worth checking in to.

HTR

Thanks for the responses...I found the solution on another boating forum...there is a bracket that attaches to the trailer guide poles (for those who have 'em) that locates the tag at approximately eye level.:)

You have to be careful with some of those, you do not want to crash the boat into it when loading and unloading the boat if some fool (or high winds) creates a nice wave while you are doing such.

I have had mine on wire ties for years now and they work great, no rust. Usually when I get a new sticker I clip the old ones and put new ones in their place. Between the salt water, heat, sunshine, and it flipping up from time to time a year or so and the ties are getting a little crusty ;)

It's required in all states...the wiring of a tag for light display that's been relocated is a simple task, that even I can do...using one's trailer during daylight hours only makes this a non-issue. ;)

Here's the bracket for mounting on guide poles.....

5312.jpg

Back