motor dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Boat was bought from MODERN DISCOUNT MARINE of FT PIERCE FL 10/21/2005. They had it SEVERAL weeks from another dealer who went out of business It was picked up prior to a sideswipe from a hurricane. But other than some CLEANING I was assured everything was fine. a FULL $295 Dealer Prep was charged. For what I Wonder...The latest EXCUSE FROM Modern and the FACTORY YESTERDAY was I Did not give the dealer enough time to do a Proper dealer prep (several weeks). Didn't stop the Charge for said service.
Triumph Warrantee States They will stand behind their STATED Warrantee No allowance for GAS, Lost Work, Taxi fees. (back to original launch area miles away) Tow charges to nearest ramp., ect are THEIR Problem. If I would like to seek legal recourse that's my choice. They have and will live by the LEGAL LETTER of their Warrantee. As for puting it out to the public at large. Go do what you want. It has Limped back to launch area 2x towed to other area 1x of 3 x out. the dealer took it out last week and I ran it for about 20 min next to him in another boat yesterday. Will it run in the future is anybodies guess. The OLD PROBLEM of standing behind a Warrantee is HOW FAR BEHIND. Going the EXTRA MILE is not Triumph's thing, xxxxx did STATE, HIS BOSS told him to do NOTHING other than The Warrentee states to make me Happy or Hole. Rockman

Just a note to let everyone know that I have edited the previous post by Rockman to delete individuals names. There have only been a couple of instances where I have had to step in to keep this website positive and informative. However, it is the stated policy of this website (and has been from the beginning) that we do not slam dealers or individuals on this forum. So I will not allow individuals names to be referenced online in a negative way. That is not fair, especially while the poster is using an username. It is also not productive to get involved in a "he said, she said" thread.

While Rockman obviously has some issues with the boat he purchased, I am sure that the dealer and Triumph also have a perspective on how this purchase transpired and has been handled and what is fair. Boats, like anything else, are going to have problems. That is why it benefits the consumer to build a relationship with a dealer that has a relationship with the factory. From the inception of this website I have encouraged a positive online forum of owners, dealers and factory folk. Working together we will make our boats better. There are going to be issues, but they need to be handled through a dealer who is working with the factory. If you don't get satisfaction from one dealer, find another one who you can work with. But don't air it here please as this is a site for finding answers not creating problems.

Now, anyone that wants to question my policy or add perspective to it is free to do so. I don't claim to be right but I do want to be fair.

Rockman-i Live In Port St Lucie And Will Be Happy To Launch My Boat And Go Out With You Anytime During The Week You Like. Im Sure It Will Be Awhile Before You Get The Confidence Youll Need To Fly Alone. I Am Retired So It Will Not Be A Problem To Me. If Your Interested Let Me Know By Private E-mail. Bill

Cape Codder Thanks for the offer. I live in New Smyrna Beach a good way from you. I have added a little insurance of my own a 4HP Nissan 4stroke. It saved the day last time out heavy winds outgoing tide going wrong way when it died. The rescue engine was enough to keep it off the rocks till the 115 yami kicked in for a while. if it was a plane, I would not taxi it to the end of the runway much less fly it. I will post how to do it since the transom is to wide for the motor mounts of 9.9 down engines. It may save some one else.
Rockman.

:) Dick you were right on anti siphon, valves at gas tank, both removed thats fixed . Back to gas gauge still Reads Full. last fill up has apox 3 hrs run time mostly at average 3000 rpm and 11 gallons sucked out by pump today. Sender has alreddy been replaced, a 39 day ordeal. Yet the tank gauge remains on full no matter what, bow as low as can go or jacked up on blocks reads full. Factory stated to me they never NEW their was a anti siphon value problem. So MUCH for their product knowledge base!!. Are their any fixes for the gas gauge problem you know of.
Every trip to dealer cost well over $200 in gas plus 2 days work 4th in 5 mo's A little Much Rockman THE LEMON Owner

Rockman,
It seems to me like you just want to complain....you post all this stuff on the site and you don't even give the dealer credit for going the extra effort to help you. Modern Marine has always helped me and my friends that live in the neighborhood. You state they fixed the problem of running, but you give them no credit. Mike is a great person and he is always concerned with problems that arise with my boat and others owned by fellow friends. You also said the boat was picked up from a dealer that went out of business? No telling how long it sat before a dealer even picked it up. I can assure you they would make all the efforts to fix your boat. Also why would they have to pay for your lost time????Did they ask you to purchase the boat from there location? I,m sure where you buy your vehicles they pay for your fuel when you have to take it back. SURE! GET REAL AND STOP TRASHING PEOPLE WHO ARE WILLING TO HELP YOU.

Rockman-who Actually Fixed Your Boat? Modern Discount Marine Says They Fixed It But You Give Credit To Merritt Marine. I Think It Very Important To Give Credit Where Credit Is Due Escpecially When Were Dealing With A Mans Business. If They Dont Perform Thats A Different Story. Merritt Marine Seems Like A Very Fair, Informed,honest Broker Always Willing To Give Free Advice. I Bought My Boat From Modern Discount Marine And The One Time I Had A Problem They Fixed It. Two Lessons In All This. 1.dont Buy A Product To Far From Home And Dont Burn Your Bridges Behind You.i Think You Did Both. Im Sure You Have A Mechanical Legitimate Complaint But Anything Can Be Fixed. Rebuilding Bridges Is Harder.

Right I Complain I told mike. I did not think the second gas sender was working, at the slip in. Ft Pierce he stated wait till some more gas is used. I did. I took out 11 gallons now 16 no movement on gauge. Distance should make no difference if a proper prep is done. I buy plane cyclinder assemblies from all over the country slap them on. I never had a plane fall out of the sky yet 15 yrs. My car new in 04 back to shop for 1 oil change never anything else. Did not need anything. Last 2 trucks same story 1 trip never see dealer again. Dealer admitted he had it several weeks??? back 3 now 4x for same problems. Auto dealers pick up, supplies Loaner, boat dealer ITS MY FAULT FOR BUYING IT !!!! same problems would of happened to anyone who bought it.

Rockman,
If I know Modern they will help in any case ..no sense getting uptight about it. Who put the new sender in and were they made aware of the problem that still exsists? That is where you should start if Modern fixed your running problem. I know when I was in the car business the prep was for batteries,oils,fuel and any other things added to the vehicles before they leave the lot? Has Modern refused to help or what? I just can't see them doing this as they have always been helpful. A bad experience with a product or service can happen anywhere a product is sold. Give the dealers a chance as you are not their only customer with problems I,m sure. Hopefully everything will work out as Triumph Boats and Modern Marine have always come to the plate and played ball. Thanks

madchaostoo.
Right and the batterry ends were all corroded, They said they put 8 gallons of fuel in the empty tank and it read full when i got it . I had a car lot to, for 10 yrs. I sold many a JUNKER as/is junk! It was legal. With less problems than this boat has.
The Boat IDEAR is GREAT, the Factory fit, finish, lack professionalism. I will be . 2 days more work lost. 550 miles to drive and a $220plus gas bill, Second TIME this Mo. Some enjoyment . You would be MAD to

motor quits

Rockman,
First let me tell you I thought better of you then this, as everyone knows there are two sides to every story. My mother always said if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all. But with that I find it hard to keep quite while you are slurring my good name. I'll start by saying TRIUMPH AND I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CONDITION OF THE VESSEL YOU BOUGHT FROM US. The boat sat in another dealers lot to which we as a company had no control.You had called us on a dual console which you backed out of buying.NOTE: This boat was prepped for you at a cost of 295. you then called us and backed out of buying the boat, you called the next day LATE and said you would buy it. I then said it was sold but we had a side console available but could not promise to have it ready as a hurricane was on it's way.YOU then said you didn't care but you would take the boat so the storm would not damage it. Now we have the problems you come here with and try to make everyone look bad. Triumph gives you new seats , bases, new breakers, new steering and we repair everything you asked us to but you fail to mention all this WHY? Triumph and us have ALWAYS been there to help you and this is the way you come and blast us. As for the fuel guage we can't tell if it was working properly when you left last week as our dealership did not make the repairs, you took this boat to another dealer who should of checked it before it left. This shouldn't be put on me as we would have helped from day one. Should I also mention that you bought this boat at a price way under dealers cost and you had no problems at the time traveling many miles to buy the boat. Hopefully this will clear the air and end this slurring of MODERNS GOOD NAME . Thank You Mike.

Guys, This seems like an issue that needs to be handled offline. Rockman started the thread and gave details on the problems he has with the boat he purchased. I intervened at one point to delete real names of people from a post. There has been some advise shared about purchasing a boat, developing a relationship with a dealer, giving folks a chance to help and about not burning bridges. Mike at Modern has had an opportunity to share his side of it. I don't think there is anything else that needs to be said on this forum about this situation. If you guys can communicate offline and work this out that would be great and I hope you can. But I don't see how the membership of this site will benefit from this thread going any further because I don't see anything being shared here now that relates to the membership at large. So I'm closing this thread with the hopes that y'all can work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back